What do you think are the 3 most important values to promote in softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2014
Austin, TX
Hey there!

I'm writing an article on the most important values to promote in softball. I want to hear from you learn about what's important to you and the development of softball players today.

List the 3 most important values to promote in softball.

Jun 24, 2013
1) Learn the right way to do it first. Then work on getting faster.
2) Learn the strategy of the game.
3) Learn to have fun and make mistakes you can learn from.

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Can't argue with Mustangs, but here are my 3, which by the way would be the same no matter what youth sport ...

1) Learn how to truly function as a team ... how to always work hard and be there for your teammates and coaches
2) Learn sportsmanship ... how to win and lose with humility and class
3) Learn the fundamentals of the game ... at the next level ... while we associate fundamentals with the very first time playing a sport, there are always more fundamentals to be learned at the next level

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
1. Work ethic. Do your best year-round.
2. Sportsmanship. Specifically, respect - for your team, your opponents, the officials.
3. Have fun.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I promote these values - no one is more important than another...

1. Team achievement comes first.
2. Sportsmanship. Respect for the game. Respect for your teammates. Respect for your opponents.
3. Compete\Composure\Confidence (my 3 C's) on every play and on every rep in practice.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The question is about values...

"Balancing individualism with teamwork." I.e., using your unique abilities that separate you from every other person, but still functioning as a good teammate within a team. It is extremely American...

IMHO, every kid in America should play at least four years of softball/baseball.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
1. Create Relationships--The name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back. Everything you do is for your coaches and your teammates, so work hard and strive to be the best teammate you can be.

2. Develop Responsibility--Dedication to a team sport like fast pitch builds many critical life skills that the athletes will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Work ethic, patience, receiving criticism, self-sacrifice, learning how to fail, thriving under pressure, handling difficult coaches/umpires/authority figures, etc.

3. Encourage Respect--The goal of every softball player should be to achieve competitive excellence built upon of a foundation of humility, sportsmanship, and genuine respect for his/her opponent.

Jul 31, 2011
Learn how to win and lose graciously. Good sportsmanship...be a role model athlete.

Always play to win, bring your 'A' game to every game.

Teamwork...take accountability for your team and their performance. You make not like a teammate or respect their ability, but it's important to learn to work together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse