What do you like for a post season awards picnic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What post season party would you prefer for your rec league?

• Pizza and trophies and leave.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • All day picnic, at fields, with activies for kids, hot dogs and hamburgers cooked by coaches..

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Trip to local pro ballpark( Minor or Major) with pregame tent party.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picnic at local park or grove w/coaches cooking the hotdogs, etc.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Catered picnic w/parents charged a fee to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No party at all.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
After seeing how different organizations run their post season awards picnics I want to put up a poll of what people would like best. I have been to great ones, terrible ones and ones that went overboard.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Well at our end of year pary we tend to do allstar picnic with activities plus we will do trophys for the kids Me personally have been wanting to do water park here in our city but our pres is a lamo about it

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
After seeing how different organizations run their post season awards picnics I want to put up a poll of what people would like best. I have been to great ones, terrible ones and ones that went overboard.

I would suggest that it is away from the game simply so there will be some social interaction involving something other than the game they just spent months going through. JMHO

Jun 24, 2013
I agree with MTR.

Assuming this is your Team, you did not draft well. Always draft a player with a pool.

Forget daddy ball, if they invite the Team over to the house their kid can play anywhere they want. Pool Ball?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
As a league, we have our closing day ceremony at the ballfield. Each team sets up a BBQ/potluck/whatever area inside the outfield wall. The league rents several water slides and bounce houses and scatters them throughout the park. Ceremony starts around 10a, participation trophies are given out, all-star teams are announced, and then the kids head for the slides and bouncers while the parents enjoy the BBQ. We'll have the occasional game (water balloon toss, musical chairs, dance-off, etc.) throughout the day and give out prizes. This year I bought a 16-inch softball and each age division played kids vs. parents or kids vs. coaches. This was very popular. In fact, I did this "parents vs. kids" with my team only a week prior in the outfield/practice/warm-up area where we play one night, while two regular games were going on. We had more spectators and participants at our "game" than the other two games. The kids LOVE to play with their parents and play vs. the coaches.

This year, we had enough funds left over from our team fundraising and recycling efforts that we did a separate end-of-season party at a local AYCE pizza joint. It also included 30 minutes of laser tag for the girls and arcade games. We also had enough to give each girl an "award" based on their individual accomplishments or personalities. We had the traditional "MVP" award, most improved, rookie of the year, etc. And we also did non-traditional (Wear the Pitcher Out, I Can Do It All!, Most Dedicated, etc.). Basically, we acknowledged what each girl contributed to the team.

Jul 28, 2008
My parents have a nice place on the river and I always take the team there. I head to Costco and load up on burgers, dogs, buns and drinks for the kids, then I run the bbq while the parents bring potluck. It's a fun, laid back time for the families.

Jul 1, 2013
This year the three HC's rented the local pool for the girls that participated in our end of the year district(league) tournament that finished 1-2-3 for the year. Our all stars have not had a party per se but i just ordered necklaces for being the state 8U champions. Everone has been on vacation or else we were going to rent the pool just for the 10 girls that made all stars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01