What age?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I try to at least have my shin-guards on. It's strange how that occasional bouncer ends up in the same darned place on my left shin. It's such a tender spot now, if I were to take another hit there, they'd have to call an ambulance.

Oct 22, 2009
I got hit a couple of years ago on the inside of my shin on my left leg. It left a bruise that remains to this day. I keep telling my DD that it is a blood clot that will eventually kill me. She thinks I'm kidding. :D

Exact same thing happened to me, the ball basically ripped the blood vessels from my inner calf and a huge sack of blood filled up on my calf. Painful as hell. I was young, had no insurance and deathly afraid of doctors and pretty confident I can attend to most of all my own wounds. I wrapped my calf to keep it from sloshing, because every time it moved it hurt so bad! Still caught my DD only with my leg behind the bucket. When it healed, it clotted up into several hard lumps in my calf.

It's been many years and the clots are gone, but sometimes I wonder if one of these days they are going to show up and drop me!:eek:

Got my first shinner from DD (13YO) last nigh. Thank God it was a change up. Ball came in low and caught the front of the matt the plate was on. I went down for the scoop and the ball popped up and hit me right in the cheek. Ooooohhhc!

Time to get a mask!

PTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie