Welcome to Colorado!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
I'd just like to extend a big welcome to all of the teams that are here in Colorado for the Sparkler, Fireworks, and Independence Day tournaments! The city of Boulder has been busy sprucing up the Stazio fields in Boulder in anticipation. They even canceled a baseball tournament last weekend so they could get everything in shape for this week.

Christopher fields in Westminster is such a nice field and it's great that some of the All-Star games will be there. My husband played in a mens league at Christopher - oh, maybe 12, 14 years ago. My daughter used to stand at the fence saying, "get a good hit, Daddy!" My son fell off the iron railing above the concrete stands when he was two, ending up with a big old goose egg on his forehead. I can't believe that DH and I will be watching our daughter play there this week. I'm feeling blessed - and old.

Anyway, Good Luck everyone, and have fun!!! OH - and if you do one thing, drink TONS of water - even if you don't think you need it. Altitude headaches are easy to prevent but tough to recover from.

Sep 18, 2011
looking forward to it and thanks for the advice. DD will be playing at Stazio tomorrow night. I already have butterflies!

Dec 7, 2011
No 3rd year in a row for us. I will miss that venue for sure.

I will not miss the sneaky tolls on that new-ish bypass though! (I had to take out a loan on all the tolls I didn't know I had....)

New folks beware of roads that are nice and not crowded - they probably are big$ toll roads.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Ah yes - E470. Crazy expensive. It's a fast route to many of the fields that DD plays on North of us. Going to the field, I'll usually try to bypass E470. Coming home - everyone is stinky, sweaty, hot, tired, hungry - I usually cave and pay the $12.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog