WarriorMike must be laid up- it's Friday checkin time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I taught DD catching the NECC way. Since many of our TB teams at all age levels played the same tournaments over the last season, many catcher's parents, as well as team coaches, were rather impressed with DD. I have been asked since then to give private/team lessons. In order to mitigate the huge demand on time and time slots that would limit the team practices at our new indoor facility, I opted to go for a clinic setting instead. So tomorrow is the start of a series of 2 hour clinics and yes, DD will be taking part practicing as well as demonstrating techniques. Sunday, DD has a doubleheader in her indoor Winter league. Afterwards, my sister and her family will be coming in from out of town for Thanksgiving. We will all be having dinner Sunday night at my brother's house and we are looking forward to a nice visit with my family over the next several days.

Good luck with the clinic. I was the verge of doing the same thing for the catchers in our league. I got NECC to come to our home field instead ;)

Something I've come across while working with newer catchers...Breaking the habit of bringing the throwing hand up to the mitt can be tough. Because of this, my first step is just having them throw and catch with a partner working on catching the ball one-handed with their throwing hand in a fist behind their hip.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Tryouts went well, the call came late so it was a roller coaster ride, but DD is set with a good opportunity for Summer.
DS tore stuff up on both sides of the foosball and lived to play again this weekend.

Foosball is de' Devil, btw.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Tournament day but it has been lightly raining for a couple of days. Already down to 2 games of 50min from 3 games of 75 min and I am not exactly hopeful they are going to happen either...

Could be a long day waiting to play. At least the fields are close enough we can stay home and wait.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Tournament day but it has been lightly raining for a couple of days. Already down to 2 games of 50min from 3 games of 75 min and I am not exactly hopeful they are going to happen either...

Could be a long day waiting to play. At least the fields are close enough we can stay home and wait.

And now down to one game...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We are done with TB until next year (January), so this weekend my DW is trying to covert our house from a trailer park to "Southern Living" in 48 hours....her entire family is coming next week for Thanksgiving! When you are at the ball park every weekend it is amazing how much of a "lived in" look your house can acquire! LOL

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
We are done with TB until next year (January), so this weekend my DW is trying to covert our house from a trailer park to "Southern Living" in 48 hours....her entire family is coming next week for Thanksgiving! When you are at the ball park every weekend it is amazing how much of a "lived in" look your house can acquire! LOL

No worries, I'm sure it'll all be good. For reassurance, just remember that even Carl Spackler succeeded when faced with a similar challenge, and he had no advance notice when Ty and Danny dropped in on him while looking for an errant golf ball.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
JAD, I feel your wife's pain. I thought I was hosting a small gathering, but the gathering just keeps getting bigger and bigger. My vacuum cleaner broke so now I'm engaging in a little DFP stress relief while I look up youtube videos to see if I can fix it. DS is mysteriously walking around the house with the carpet-spot remover cleaner - I don't have the strength to go see what he is up to (or what he spilled) - I'm just going to hope for the best. Yesterday I drove to a farm about an hour away to pick up a turkey. You point to the turkey you want like it's a lobster in a tank and then the poor guy gets bled, plucked and dressed right then and there. The farmer said that my dogs would love the (detached) feet. OK, I'm game - I gave the dogs the feet and all went well until my one dog swallowed the toes more or less whole. DH is freaking out waiting for the claws to rip said dog's stomach apart. Dog is acting as crazy and dumb as ever so I think he's fine.

I'm jealous of everyone who gets to indulge in some softball this weekend!! We are indoors until March, give or take the odd nice weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06