Vid of 12U pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
Not feet closer, widen them out with toes turned slightly in. If they are gonna stand flat footed, the faster reaction time left to right or right to left is with knees inside of feet. It keeps weight to inside, allowing better acceleration to the ball or base, get down on a ball better with more balance, too many plusses to list, it's just overall a better athletic position to be in. Personally, I like a slight creep to keep them on the balls of their feet.

Last edited:

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Little proud mamma moment... She had try-outs to be a pick up pitcher and she made it. She's going to pitch in the TX state championship Qualifier. Woo hooo!!!!

May 31, 2011
Stay tall, don't lean forward. Tell her to get her nose up in the air or to stick her chest out. That's a real common problem, but if she's only pitched for 4 months, it shouldn't be too hard to break. We did a lot of flamingo drills to work through leaning. If you get her sticking her nose up, chin up, chest out, etc...she will probably see a nice improvement in speed and control.

Mar 11, 2013
Jackson, MS
Congrats.

Be careful messing with her too much. My daughter had 6 months of lessons, had only pitched in rec and was thrown into pitching at the high school level at 11yo.

It'll be hard for her to make minor adjustments and keep everything else right while staying accurate whilr pitching games. You want her confident in games and not worried if she got some little technical tweak right that time.

May 31, 2011
Congrats.

Be careful messing with her too much. My daughter had 6 months of lessons, had only pitched in rec and was thrown into pitching at the high school level at 11yo.

It'll be hard for her to make minor adjustments and keep everything else right while staying accurate whilr pitching games. You want her confident in games and not worried if she got some little technical tweak right that time.

Very true...if she's throwing well right now, you might wait for the off-season to correct things. When you fix one issue, another one almost always pops up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCsDad