Umpire Wanted by Police

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I hate to even post this but I hope that we can all learn from this. This guy has been a UIC in some big tourneys in this region.

People say that ASA would not let him umpire games because of his background and criminal history. If you are running a league, make certain that you conduct background checks on all of them, including coaches and asst coaches that is on the field with your players.

Umpire wanted for sexually assaulting kids

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I saw this, and I am just creeped out. Even more creeped out that I recognize him. I have a feeling someone is going to catch a lot of flak for not running background checks.

Jun 9, 2015
My daughter has played in numerous tournaments that he was the UIC. i have talked to him on many occasions and he always seemed like a great guy (yeah i know that's what we always hear when someone does something bad) but i would have never expected something like this from this guy. goes to show that you never really know people and need to always be on the lookout for things.

Jun 9, 2015
I would ask all coaches & parents on DFP that if you have played in and around the Houston area since 95 that you try to reach out to past players and friends of your DD and make everyone aware of this. Please sit down with DD and former players/friends and talk with them and ask questions. IF this truely happened i would to know that there are others that this happened to and we as parents and coaches didnt do enough to ask questions to possbily help put someone like this away. asking questions is the right thing to do, burying your head in the sand saying "this couldn't happen to my DD or team" is not the right approach.

Jun 12, 2015
On average it seems like child predators are very tricky. They have a way of earning the trust of those around them. It's really scary. I hope they catch him ASAP.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
IDK, I have changed my opinion on this over the last few years. I have no idea what should disqualify a coach, anything sexual obviously.

Umpire is not going to have an opportunity to abuse DD, same with the other 100 people that are roaming around I know nothing about.

Coaches are a different story.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Keep in mind that these incidents rarely happen at the fields. Often as in this case the kids were lured to the suspects home and then assaulted. It is important for players to understand that certain boundaries which must never be crossed.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Keep in mind that these incidents rarely happen at the fields. Often as in this case the kids were lured to the suspects home and then assaulted. It is important for players to understand that certain boundaries which must never be crossed.

As is the case with this one. His is accused of abusing kids at his home.

USFA will take a hit in our area even if this doesn't prove to have legs. TD's are already switching their USFA tourneys to other alphabet sanctioning bodies.

Oct 22, 2009
Even though what he did occurred off the fields, this was on my local news feed, and there was a comment from a girl that stated he made inappropriate comments to her at the ball fields. So remind your daughters to speak up when these things happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles