Umpire Wanted by Police

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Locally it's snowballing.

My inbox has been jammed today with leagues, tournaments, and others wanting to distance themselves from both USFA and Steve Gonzales. They are also making a point to let us know they have always taken actions to avoid or began today to take actions to avoid something like this.

My DD has played in many past tourneys where he was umpiring. Thankfully, she never experienced anything irregular. I hope those who have find ways to cope. If all this proves to be true, then throw the book at him. We quit going to the Humble area for tournaments because our luck was terrible with rain outs.

Oct 28, 2015
As a parent of 2 DD that have been actively involved in USFA for the past 8 years I am concerned what this is doing locally to our league competition. I would like to discuss further and wonder if anyone has seen any other posts regarding this matter and what it is doing to the Houston area USFA. I guess it wasn't covered much on the news, or I didn't turn it on that morning, and surprisingly I didn't hear the buzz around the fields either... ODD! But before I knew what was going on I could see a change within the organization like tourneys not making and playing the same teams over and over. I'm concerned.

My team has encountered Steve on several occasions, and of course umpired our games but nothing that I would be concerned for my DD about. However this plays out for him is not my concern at this point, he will be prosecuted as needed. I'm worried about fastpitch from here. For us ASA is not a viable option as I am sure a lot of parents understand. They travel a lot more requiring hotel stays, and just demands more time and money. The competition is definitely better but still not an option to EVERYONE. Where do us softball families go from here that just want our DD's to play and not suffer from someone else's mistakes?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01