Tournament rant.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
St Louis, MO
This weekend we played in a small two day tournament with 10U DD. We won both of our pool games on the first day and got seeded 2. Day two is bracket play and we play the 5th seed. Our coach starts a girl who has never pitched in a live game before. We lost.

That really bugs me. Why not do this during a scrimmage or during pool play? Instead cost us a game and get us an early exit.

Thanks for hearing me vent.

-Wayne-

Oct 17, 2011
This weekend we played in a small two day tournament with 10U DD. We won both of our pool games on the first day and got seeded 2. Day two is bracket play and we play the 5th seed. Our coach starts a girl who has never pitched in a live game before. We lost.

That really bugs me. Why not do this during a scrimmage or during pool play? Instead cost us a game and get us an early exit.

Thanks for hearing me vent.

-Wayne-

It also cost your team four hundred dollars for the early exit. They could have played real competition in different tournament for 150 dollars less and it was a six gg. I guess that's the difference between a coach who knows what's best and a coach who, because they don't know how to train kids takes them to a rec tourney and then blows the whole thing.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
(1) The coach should not have started her. In the elimination tournament, you coach differently. The place to find out if a kid can pitch is during friendly games during the week and during pool play.
(2) In the greater scheme of things--forgive, forget and move on.

Oct 17, 2011
(1) The coach should not have started her. In the elimination tournament, you coach differently. The place to find out if a kid can pitch is during friendly games during the week and during pool play.
(2) In the greater scheme of things--forgive, forget and move on.

Move on....best words ever! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog