Timming issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sem

Feb 11, 2011
My 13u dd has a good swing and decent mechanics, she's worked very hard to get there and looks good from the tee, soft toss, and front toss. The problem is during games she can't seem to make up her mind in time to make solid contact she either gets jamed up on inside pitches or fouls outside pitches. She says by the time she recognizes ball or strike its too late. I've told here to expect a strike every pitch and hold off at the last second on a ball but it doesn't seem to be helping. Any other ideas or drills to help with seeing, tracking, and timing the ball?

Oct 25, 2009
Get a pitcher to throw game speed to her. Also, check to see that her stride foot in down in time, just before the ball arrives.

Have her do the "check-swing" drill. Search it on this forum for a description.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Your on the right track with your expect the strike approach. I wrote about it in my blog earlier this year. Green Light Hitting | hitmorelinedrives Similar to what your saying. Maybe the "Green Light" theory will help.

The website you pointed out appears to actively promote "bug squishing".

1nye0n.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Jon .... the parent that complained about your instruction stated that you had their kid practice "squishing the bug".

Is it true that you have kids practice "squishing the bug"?

1nye0n.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan