Time to move focus to the root cause of problems ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2014
For the next 3 months will be moving most of our focus to The leg drag , posture, and glove swim ...

2rfvejr.jpg

Nov 7, 2014
I am more worried about the timing and posture issues than the whip for The whip will get greatly better after those issues are improved :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Glove swim has her torso rotated ahead of her hips... this negates all hip torque and a lot of whip. In order to maximize the whip, the 4 corners (2 hips and 2 shoulders) must be still and quiet with a solid brush.... with her shoulders and torso rotated ahead of her hips she is missing all brush, a ton of whip, a ton of spin, and will never be able to throw a riseball.... JMHO. good luck, James

Nov 7, 2014
Glove swim has her torso rotated ahead of her hips... this negates all hip torque and a lot of whip. In order to maximize the whip, the 4 corners (2 hips and 2 shoulders) must be still and quiet with a solid brush.... with her shoulders and torso rotated ahead of her hips she is missing all brush, a ton of whip, a ton of spin, and will never be able to throw a riseball.... JMHO. good luck, James

Thank you and you are seeing the exact same thing I am and it has been on the side burner long enough...

Nov 7, 2014
Like to see the whole pitch... to see how she is getting to this... :cool:

I posted this because it is the result and it also shows me the cause. I can not get my gifs small enough to post the whole gif I will post some smaller clips that show the whole pitch

awu5vr.jpg

28coti8.jpg

2rfvejr.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Can you put the clip on You-Tube ???? It can be a real nice looking .gif to save for starting point.... I put them together, but they have been rendered differently...

anigif.gif

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
For the next 3 months will be moving most of our focus to The leg drag , posture, and glove swim ...

2rfvejr.jpg

Out of curiosity, how has her speed improvement come along. IIRC that was her main concern at the beginning. I think she looks pretty darn good. Fix what you noted, add the whip Ken mentioned with some brush and I see big things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom