Thoughts on DD's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
If you were playing against her she might would be your worst enemy.

Watching her play it seems that kick stride is out of time but she's a hitter.

Many great hitters have odd styles. I like a kick stride but hers does seem a little exaggerated. Successful nonetheless!

Aug 6, 2013
Where is she hitting the ball? All over, grounders to right. Swinging late makes it tough for girls to hit balls in the air unless it is a pop fly because of the mechanics involved. Bat weight and size and TIMING really affect this. I always try to instill in my 10u daughter to hit the ball out front of the plate and stay on top of it. The mechanics makes it easier to hit it in the air naturally. My daughter uses a 30/20 xeno and chokes up an 1" if need be. Your daughters swing mechanics looks really good for 10u girl. As some of the other posts mention a tighter more compact swing helps most every hitter especially when they move up to faster pitching. Keep up the good work. IMO confidence is 90% of hitting. Confidence comes from practicing and having fun doing it. Good Luck!

She hits quite a few to short. However, she really is all over the field. She will hit quite a few nice and hard in between 1st and 2nd but usually the dang right fielder is right there and somehow always manages to handle my dd's hits, lol. Really - because the next girl up can hit to the same spot and the fielder will bobble or mishandle that hit which is usually softer than dd's. It does get a little frustrating because sometimes it seems she can't get a break because short or 3rd will make an awesome play to get DD out but will miss the next one that comes her way, lol. I never win the employee recognition drawings at work either....... I think I have passed my luck down genetically. (facetiousness here)

She swings a 31/21 (all of her bats are this combo). She has a lot of bats (my obsession) but she prefers her LXT although the Easton Torq is pretty dang nice too. She does choke up on her bat, especially when they are playing 12U.

Aug 6, 2013
Looks like you have more than enough help in the hitting department. While a line drive every time is what we all strive for, ground balls happen. I think you should do a little speed and agility work. I bet with a few minutes of work a night she will be beating out a lot of those ground balls. My daughter isnt a huge fan of the 'high knee, toe up' speed drills but she notices the results. She is getting quicker and her running form is improving. My daughter will never be a track star but she can train like one! Just youtube speed and agility drills and youll find a few good workouts.

She has started speed and agility. She hates it, lol. With a passion. We have a ladder that she will work with on her own in the garage. She does get sweaty so I know she is doing something out there :) I will have her look up some videos on the high knee, toe up technique to have her try that. When she runs she looks like she is running in waist deep water. She can crush a ball to center and only get a single off of it (even though she will get 3 rbi's).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi