The height requirement charts on the D1, D2 and D3 college softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My oldest DD is a 5'4", 130lb catcher. I'm not worried about whether she is capable of playing D1 ball, I'm worried that she might not get a shot because of her relatively small size. Hopefully her pop time and 0-60 speed will help convince some coaches to take a look.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My oldest DD is a 5'4", 130lb catcher. I'm not worried about whether she is capable of playing D1 ball, I'm worried that she might not get a shot because of her relatively small size. Hopefully her pop time and 0-60 speed will help convince some coaches to take a look.

These charts are pure BS. If she has the goods she will be fine.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ

I strongly agree with riseball. Example from my neck of the woods: Arizona Wildcats Junior catcher Chelsea Goodacre is 5'3", hit 22 HR this year with 72 RBI and is currently a Team USA invitee.

Dec 19, 2012

My dd's a catcher in the 5'4" range. She was followed by a few D1's (and she verballed to one). If your dd is good enough AND she does some foot-work (texts, emails, etc.) she will be noticed.

May 18, 2013
Richmond, VA
My DD is a 2016 C/3B, is 5'3" 140 and just got her 1st D1 full ride offer (athletic & academic) this past weekend and is being followed by some others. If your kid can play, has good grades and she gets seen, she WILL find a home.

As previously mentioned, there are some coaches that have this thing about certain positions need to be a certain size but it's by no means wide spread. We just ran into that too where another mid-high level D1 likes her but they want her to play IF instead of catcher. Told her tb coach they are looking for a bigger catcher. DD ran into a coach she knows and really likes (one that was just in the WS) at a tourney last weekend and went over to say hello. Coach asked her who is looking at her and she told her about that coach looking for a bigger catcher and the coach just rolled her eyes and said "you've got to be kidding me".

My DD just uses it for more motivation, yours should to. She has always been told, until a year or two ago, she was to small and to slow. With LOTS of hard work, she is now proving them all wrong.

Feb 24, 2012
Alabama had 8 players listed at 5'5" or below on their 2014 roster. Some coaches may pass, but if they can play coaches will want them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1