TCS Fireworks all star game...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2015
We got an email inviting our daughter to play in some all star game, but I'm guessing this is a standard email sent out to all participants and is a money making gig. Has anyone participated? If so, were there any coaches watching? We can't be throwing money around, but if she can actually get some exposure we would consider it.
Thanks.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
It is a money grab, but not quite everyone is invited. Last year, about 1/3 of DD's team participated. We saw a lot of coaches at those games and the all academic games. The games were fun to watch. It was DD's favorite part of the trip. DD isn't participating this year. She verbally committed a few weeks ago and her current inch told her she should let the spot go to someone who needed the exposure. If you can afford it, go for it. If not, don't over spend for it.

Jun 3, 2015
It is a money grab, but not quite everyone is invited. Last year, about 1/3 of DD's team participated. We saw a lot of coaches at those games and the all academic games. The games were fun to watch. It was DD's favorite part of the trip. DD isn't participating this year. She verbally committed a few weeks ago and her current inch told her she should let the spot go to someone who needed the exposure. If you can afford it, go for it. If not, don't over spend for it.

Thanks for the response.. I tried doing a bit of research on it and you can find videos on you tube. I could see it was at the main complex and there were quite a few people watching. I think it may be worth doing one year just for the experience. Do you know how the girls are selected? is a lottery of some type?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Go but make sure your DD has been writing coaches and writes them again to come and see her. DD played last year and a couple of the coaches she'd been writing to showed up for the first time. As an aside, Patty Gasso watched the game standing next to me and no I didn't go stand next to her. There were big time and small time coaches there. More than I saw at any other of our games and we ended up with about 6 or 7 verballed kids by August.

If your dd plays really well she will be invited to the All Star, All Star games which are very well attended.

Jun 3, 2015
Go but make sure your DD has been writing coaches and writes them again to come and see her. DD played last year and a couple of the coaches she'd been writing to showed up for the first time. As an aside, Patty Gasso watched the game standing next to me and no I didn't go stand next to her. There were big time and small time coaches there. More than I saw at any other of our games and we ended up with about 6 or 7 verballed kids by August.

If your dd plays really well she will be invited to the All Star, All Star games which are very well attended.

Thank you. Yes, she's very good about emailing coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1