TB is better than the young and the restless

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Just got word that the org has asked our HC to resign a month before the end of the season. I'm not surprised, the team is being nominated for best performance in a drama this year so I am sure there is a good backstory here, but it sucks for the HC being asked to leave, sucks for the girls to have a shakeup with 4 weeks left in the season, sucks for the parents who have to decide to stay or go, sucks for the AC having to take over at this point, I guess a few parents are happy but I can find better ways to spend my time then having to deal with this. I liked the HC and feel loyal to him, but DD wants to play and I don't want to have to have her pick up with teams through the end of the season, I also like the AC taking over and don't want her to have to scramble to fill a roster, but at the same time I don't want to be in the stands with a group of people who bitch to the org about everything they don't like.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
JJ, I agree with Amy. I don't understand the parents who bitch. They can bitch and be buttheads or, they can not bitch and stay or leave. I stay away from the loud ones.

Good luck to you and your DD, I hope it all works out for the best.

Jul 10, 2012
I saw a great T-Shirt last weekend that maybe your team needs in caps it said, "SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA" Loved it.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
I noted one team that we won't be looking at next year (DD moves up and most of the current team stays at 12u), simply due to the parents behavior. Mainly one parent, but everyone just let him have his rants toward the players and the coaches. After 1 inning, I had to leave. Parents are a big part of the team.

Jun 19, 2013
Sorry JJ that sucks! As we are heading into the end of season tournaments and nearing tryouts all the emotions are amping up. It really is such a shame that it can't be more fun and less drama. You can hear the whispers and grumbling everywhere you turn. Thank goodness we all get a break once the season ends and before tryouts begin . . . oh . . . wait . . . never mind I just remembered there isn't a break :p

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Playing as a pickup player can be enjoyable to. My DD has picked up on "off" weekends several times and had a great time. She was lucky in that each team she has played for welcomed her and treated her as part of the team. She will not hesitate to do it again. It is also enjoyable for me. Although I really do enjoy coaching, sometimes it is nice to sit in the stands and just be "dad".

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Support your DD as best you can to help her make the most of her decision to stay. If that means sitting by yourself in right field and away from the trouble makers, do it. The summer is too short to worry about drama.

Dec 29, 2010
Just got word that the org has asked our HC to resign a month before the end of the season. I'm not surprised, the team is being nominated for best performance in a drama this year so I am sure there is a good backstory here, but it sucks for the HC being asked to leave, sucks for the girls to have a shakeup with 4 weeks left in the season, sucks for the parents who have to decide to stay or go, sucks for the AC having to take over at this point, I guess a few parents are happy but I can find better ways to spend my time then having to deal with this. I liked the HC and feel loyal to him, but DD wants to play and I don't want to have to have her pick up with teams through the end of the season, I also like the AC taking over and don't want her to have to scramble to fill a roster, but at the same time I don't want to be in the stands with a group of people who bitch to the org about everything they don't like.

JJ, its everywhere. A teams, b and c teams too. I dont know about gold. Some teams have more than one set of parents with rose colored glasses. Some teams have players going to orgs coaches, directors for private lessons. Some have HC tying to be Casanova with the single/seperated mom. In these examples, everyone gets an opinion, and they want their opinion to be fact. Its almost always the parents, the girls just want to a part of the team. There are teams where you get the queen bee who may or may not lack the talent but not the confidence and swagger, but gets what she wants from her teamates and coaches through manipulated ways.

Jealousy, envy, and friction develops. Over a course of a year you get what you just experienced. The girls overhear their parents gripes, then the dds start questioning themselves and start to go into their little groups within the team for better or for worse.

Stay long enough in the game, and you get to see it all, the good times and the bad.

Make sure on your dds next team tryouts, ask the right questions, if they really want your dd, tell them your past experiences, ask what they would do.

As Amy said, stay away, misery loves company.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
All good feedback. Thanks. She is going to stay with them. I kinda wanted to hang it up and just work with her until August tryouts but she wants to stay with her teammates. Hopefully they get at least 10 girls to stay so far it is 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad