Switched to the left advice needed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
DD switched to the left about 4 month ago. Do to her speed i agreed and here we are working in her swing. She is mostly slapping and occasionally hitting. We are trying to fine tune her swing any good advises from the pros?

Thanks

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
4 months?? Looks good for such a short time.

The obvious one that jumps out at me is she is collapsing her front knee and loosing power. I know shes switching to slap but hitting for power is a great compliment to slapping!

Sep 9, 2014
4 months?? Looks good for such a short time.

The obvious one that jumps out at me is she is collapsing her front knee and loosing power. I know shes switching to slap but hitting for power is a great compliment to slapping!

She started in October of last year. Any suggestion or tips to fix the knee problem?

May 3, 2014
The "knee" issue is really a weight shift issue which is perfectly normal when a hitter switches over. What does it look like when she slaps?

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
Well if you come up with a magical answer to fix it please let me know, weight transfer is a tough one.

I like to get them thinking of driving power from their back leg into their front one, something that needs a firmer base to accomplish.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
On of the best things about switching over is that you have a fairly fresh canvas to build on, and very often (IME) a decent swing can be built much quicker because you're not fighting years of muscle-memory of bad habits.

Sequence - Start there. Currently, she is all-back and then spins on the rear leg.

This may provide some helpful info, too...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pitch Machine Pros