Swing Sequence

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
He had one right in front of the camera.
I don't see them on the website any more. It was 2 - 3 years ago.
If I get my old computer running will look to see if I saved it.

SL

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Daughter of mine..:)

Casey swung early on this change up, her teammates dad was taking photos this day and was inside the fence. She hit this ball Mach 1 into the fence infront of her dug out right where he was standing.
He was looking through his camera lens.
He has photos of the ball 3 inches from his head.
The ball missed his face and camera by 1 inch, hit the fence and ricocheted down the field before he could take the camera from his face.
Lucky, Lucky, man.....:)

SL

Cool Shot. If I'm on defense I say- "Hey...just a long strike"! What I'm thinking- "Dang she ripped that...I'm glad it's foul".

Apr 1, 2010
sarahatbatpigeon1.jpgsarahatbatpigeon2.jpgsarahpitchcoming1.jpgsarahprepstohit1.jpgsarahhittingvssouth1.jpg

She was wearing the black pants when trying unsuccessfully to hit against the daughter of another poster. ;-)

Oct 19, 2009
I went to watch DD play the weekend in A college tournament(have not seen her play a game in over 2 years), she has been hitting for average around 500 in the fall, but not happy with her swing and the long ball has been missing for some reason.
After watching her hit a few times I had a talk with her and described what I saw was wrong. She was not fully using her lower half and her hitting to the opposite field she was not properly extending and the proper follow through. In phone conversations when questioned she felt like she was doing as she always has, but my observation seeing her bat in games revealed that she was not doing what she thought she felt.

A few instructions a round of hitting in the batting cage and some encouragement and my wife and I had to leave before the last two games Sunday; we had a seven hour drive ahead of us, can’t see to drive at night like I once could.

DD called when we were north of Atlanta excited, she had hit 2 bombs in the first game and was so excited. In the last game she only played one inning and when the coach swopped out starters, batted once and hit the ball hard and the outfielder made a great play on the ball at the fence. One of the bombs she advised, one was pull side (left field) and one opposite field (right field). It does not take but a small glitch in the mechanics/sequence to rob a hitter of power as it was my daughter.

Sometimes a hitter will think what they feel is what is happening, when it is slightly off sequence, a coach or parent can by direct observation pick up on a minor flaw.

Good thread SL and thanks for all the great pictures. :cool:

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I went to watch DD play the weekend in A college tournament(have not seen her play a game in over 2 years), she has been hitting for average around 500 in the fall, but not happy with her swing and the long ball has been missing for some reason.
After watching her hit a few times I had a talk with her and described what I saw was wrong. She was not fully using her lower half and her hitting to the opposite field she was not properly extending and the proper follow through. In phone conversations when questioned she felt like she was doing as she always has, but my observation seeing her bat in games revealed that she was not doing what she thought she felt.

A few instructions a round of hitting in the batting cage and some encouragement and my wife and I had to leave before the last two games Sunday; we had a seven hour drive ahead of us, can’t see to drive at night like I once could.

DD called when we were north of Atlanta excited, she had hit 2 bombs in the first game and was so excited. In the last game she only played one inning and when the coach swopped out starters, batted once and hit the ball hard and the outfielder made a great play on the ball at the fence. One of the bombs she advised, one was pull side (left field) and one opposite field (right field). It does not take but a small glitch in the mechanics/sequence to rob a hitter of power as it was my daughter.

Sometimes a hitter will think what they feel is what is happening, when it is slightly off sequence, a coach or parent can by direct observation pick up on a minor flaw.

Good thread SL and thanks ffor all the great pictures. :cool:

Sometimes they get a little off and think the world is coming to a end. The student I posted and a couple others have come for a lesson after a funk and hit 1 or multiple home runs the next time out. Then all is good again. :)

SL

Dec 19, 2012
Len. Any pics of you dd at impact? How she doing? Senior this year?

I haven't taken pics in forever. This is her senior year and she signs her NLI on 11/12. She appeared to progress each week through summer and fall ball from her knee injury and is good to go. I had a custom made catchers mitt in her college school colors (gold and black) made for her. It should arrive tomorrow and will present it to her at her signing.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Great news Len. I wish her a heathy senior year and on to college. The mitt is a cool thing to do. You could post a pic of her reaction. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse