Swing plane question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
A lot of talk has been about getting the bat on plane early and staying on it long through the swing. I have been using the principals of Dr. Chris Yeager with very good results from my students. He wants the barrel to remain vertical as Long as possible using gravity and the weight of the barrel to throw at the ball. Is this differnt than getting on plane early. Thanks for your imput .

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
That "Boardmember Guy" has a pretty good reputation for putting players into college. A lot of us know his resume. Mr. Hitz, 10 posts in and critical of BM? Been here before? LOL!

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
That "Boardmember Guy" has a pretty good reputation for putting players into college. A lot of us know his resume. Mr. Hitz, 10 posts in and critical of BM? Been here before? LOL!

Is there like an army of these guys, or a couple of guys with a burning desire..:rolleyes:

SL

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I'm not here to throw stones, Boardmember has defentally help me as a pitching coach with the knowledge he has shared. My interest is to refine my understanding of hitting and help my students. Specific drills and techniques would be appreciated

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Mike,

I sent a pm. Mike, the video I shared, I would appreciate it if you don't share it with others.

Take care,

Darrell

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
A lot of talk has been about getting the bat on plane early and staying on it long through the swing. I have been using the principals of Dr. Chris Yeager with very good results from my students. He wants the barrel to remain vertical as Long as possible using gravity and the weight of the barrel to throw at the ball. Is this differnt than getting on plane early. Thanks for your imput .

We start the bat at the top of the ear, that angle. Very small amount of tilt of bat toward pitcher using the wrists. Maybe a inch of bat tilt towards pitcher on move out.
That is one way of doing it. That bat angle finds plane pretty efficiently.

I do see many high level hitters stand the bat up from a flatter bat position, then go find plane. More wrist use in that sequence.
I think either can be used. Personal preference.

SL

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Yes, I understand that thanks. So, would that go with keeping the bottom arm at a 90degrees angle so you can whip the top hand around the bottom. It looks to me that some of my players, because they were taught push the knob with both hands and never really get the whip through the zone. It's more in front of the hitting zone and off the path of the ball.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Here is your swing plane:
qnl3ra.gif

Thread:
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/22151-stealth-drill.html

I just finished discussing this very same 'topic' with my DD when I noticed her warm up swings were a little more 'upper cutting' then I would like to see. I showed her these gifs. She agreed.:eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207