Swing feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Not sure what you are trying to show - but this hitter is not pulling back into either hip. She is spinning.

All I meant was - there isn't a trigger to pull - The hip gets extended.

What frame do you see the front hip extension. Where is the barrel?

JCaDWh.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Whats pulling on the hammy to straighten the leg? Nothing? is the leg just getting longer because the pelvis is moving away from the knee?

First day recording session, she will be a monster.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Whats pulling on the hammy to straighten the leg? Nothing? is the leg just getting longer because the pelvis is moving away from the knee?

First day recording session, she will be a monster.

Mr. Simple here...

Don't ask your question above until you get her to pull into her rear (right) hip first. Her first move with her lower body is linear...core core core!

Very strong and athletic for sure...lots of potential...CP

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mr. Simple here...

Don't ask your question above until you get her to pull into her rear (right) hip first. Her first move with her lower body is linear...core core core!

Very strong and athletic for sure...lots of potential...CP

All of my questions are leading chris. And i agree, i will do nothing until i start at the rear hip, and have learn to ride the coil forward, and down. this would still result in a bent front leg. Another hitter last night, same thing, firming up the front side. i actually told her, straighten up your leg at contact. i was tired, long week. band aid, but it worked.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
All of my questions are leading chris. And i agree, i will do nothing until i start at the rear hip, and have learn to ride the coil forward, and down. this would still result in a bent front leg. Another hitter last night, same thing, firming up the front side. i actually told her, straighten up your leg at contact. i was tired, long week. band aid, but it worked.

Mann, generally when the front leg does not 'straighten' the situation is more that the hitter is not throwing the barrel ... and hence the resistance for that throw isn't established. What I find is by inducing the act of throwing that a kid who's front leg was not 'straightening' will begin 'straightening'.

From a coaching vantage point ... a lack of the front leg 'straightening' is generally the hitter's way of telling you that they lack a throwing mentality.

Sep 17, 2009
FFS that's an interesting way to describe it. If they are just arm swinging they don't need to brace for the release of the throw.

At same time, a throw/brace focus could (maybe?) cause a rear side spin if bottom half load and drive isn't simultaneously emphasized.

Perfect world both happen in the right properly timed sequence.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Mann, generally when the front leg does not 'straighten' the situation is more that the hitter is not throwing the barrel ... and hence the resistance for that throw isn't established. What I find is by inducing the act of throwing that a kid who's front leg was not 'straightening' will begin 'straightening'.

From a coaching vantage point ... a lack of the front leg 'straightening' is generally the hitter's way of telling you that they lack a throwing mentality.

Throw would normally be associated with an upper body movement

Front leg straightening would normally be associated with a lower body movement

So in your world the upper leads or dictates the lower? Please show a clip of one of your hitters moving showing a throwing mentality in sequence with their lower.

Thanks!

CP

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Throw would normally be associated with an upper body movement

Front leg straightening would normally be associated with a lower body movement

So in your world the upper leads or dictates the lower? Please show a clip of one of your hitters moving showing a throwing mentality in sequence with their lower.

Thanks!

CP

No Crissy, I've been very clear that the lower body leads. Keep plugging away though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs