Swing feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
FYYTNxe.gif

May 22, 2012
Sure Mann, this is essentially a drill, not something she intends to do in game. She has not been turning the rear hip inward enough or finishing her swing. Because of this everything has been going to right field, even inside pitches. This drill was suggested to get her to finish her swing. We were careful in trying not to pull out or alter the barrel path. The focus on "finishing" seemed to assist in other areas as well.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thats what i thought. i have the same problem with many of my own kids, not finishing, so the shoulders do not get to where they should for proper extension. They cannot hold on to the barrel with the top hand, so they let go, and it looks like they are rubbing their belly button.

Oct 27, 2015
You are always pulling into both hips. The front hip and the rear hip. Both hips. Not just the front hip and not just the rear hip. Two hips. The level of resistance in the variable. And the variable does not mean equal in both hips at the same time.

Butter, I'm just trying to understand this. I am guilty of teaching too much catcher to pitcher movement and this Sagital Plane and pulling into the hips is a little new to me but I can see it happen. When you say you always pull into both hips how does the front leg straighten? Did you mean keep pulling into your hip thru toe touch as to not encourage early extension of the front leg? Is there a time to release this pull and if so when? If not what is the action that extends the front leg? Sorry if this seems obvious.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I tend to think it the front side scrunch that holds, and that the transition to swing activation is the rear side scrunch, which straightens the leg. it can happen with foot still in the air, or toe touching.

Great question Mad, i would like to hear others thoughts.

May 3, 2014
Butter, I'm just trying to understand this. I am guilty of teaching too much catcher to pitcher movement and this Sagital Plane and pulling into the hips is a little new to me but I can see it happen. When you say you always pull into both hips how does the front leg straighten? Did you mean keep pulling into your hip thru toe touch as to not encourage early extension of the front leg? Is there a time to release this pull and if so when? If not what is the action that extends the front leg? Sorry if this seems obvious.

Yes - early extension leads to the head elevating through toe touch and the swing. This helps keep the hitter down and in their legs/hips and correct the timing of the hip extension.

xuOWN1.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors