Strength Training (supplements?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2010
My DD uses a muscle gain protein powder after each workout, which equates to about 5 shakes a week, plus lots of quality protein in her diet. She has a very high metabolisim and eats about 6-8 times per day. She will eat several small snacks between meals, which consists of maybe a protein bar or fruit. I think a lot depends on how old your DD is, what her workout routine is and how often she works out. Too much protein can be harmful too, so be sure to monitor her intake. Some of those powders could have 25g+ or protein. If you DD works with a trainer, the trainers should know how much protein she should be ingesting to get the desired results you are trying to achieve. My DD biggest problem was and still is, putting on weight. Her first year in training, she had to put on 10 pounds. She accomplished that, but it is muscle gain and not just extra food. She is now in the process of putting on another 10 before college. I think it's just best to work with or at least consult a good trainer before embarking on any type of routine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1