Someone school me on Demarini

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
confused? why would you buy a bat? Had girl on my old rec team go to a camp at a D1 after everyone cleared out one of the assistants walked her over to her truck and gave her a bat, literally had over a dozen in a bag said they just got a new batch in and did not need last years model any more; granted it had some wear but this girl did not have a lot of money and it was really special for her, guess coach could tell by the old cheap bat she was using but still crushing the ball. Don't colleges get the bats given to them or pay next to nothing?

To the question she should be happy with 34/24 Demarini's run light and feel light no need to go one size down...can't get my DD to swing anything else

JAD's DD's college doesn't have a team yet :) Or a field (broke ground in May I believe).

So there isn't last years equipment lying around quite yet :)

Sep 29, 2014
JAD's DD's college doesn't have a team yet :) Or a field (broke ground in May I believe).

So there isn't last years equipment lying around quite yet :)

Forgot about that.. [MENTION=5663]JAD[/MENTION] Good luck to your DD as others mentioned Demarini's run light and as I mentioned my DD is really attached to hers

Oct 2, 2015
marriard hit one thing on the head....bat noise.
My girls love the Xeno "crack"...all in their head, but to them noise means more pop I guess.
The DeMarini's in the mid-90's were the same way, except you would only get that certain sound when you hit the ball with the sweet spot on the bat.

As for the DeMarini CF8/9's...from what I've seen from the DD's HS and TB teams, they are a great bat, and your DD will be impressed.
If she's using a 34/24 MFB, I'd use a 34/24 CF8/9.
The DeMarini's seem to have a little more "wear in time" than the newer Xeno's do.
But after several hundred hits, they are awesome.
I bought a late season CF8 34/26 for a dime this summer...even though my oldest DD uses a Xeno 34/26. I'll have her use it next spring and see what she thinks after it's wore in a little.
DD doesn't like the muffled or "silenced" sound of the CF8.
There definitely is a wear in time on this CF8 34/26.
But after several hundred hits on it, I can tell it hits the ball farther than when it came out of the wrapper.

You and your DD can take her MFB and a used CF8 (same size/weight), and have her hit balls off of a tee with new balls, on a field and measure the distance the ball is hit by placing 6" pieces of 1"x6" where the balls land. To compare the 2 bats if she is worried about bat performance.
Hitting off of a tee takes the variable of pitch speed and angle out of the equation.
We do the same thing on 275/300' fields to compare bats with slow toss.
You can't lose with the CF8/9 in my opinion.
Good Luck!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Thanks for all the great information! I am leaning towards a used 34/24 CF8. When I started doing the math I realized that DD will only be using the bat for @ 7 months before she enrolls.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'm assuming she takes a lot of swings a week. Newer Demarinis are not the workhorses the SCN's were. I would recommend picking up a CF4 for a cage bat. You can find them for around $60-$80 and they have the same feel and balance as the new Demarinis. I looked at the NCAA approved bat list and all of the CF3's, CF4's and the Phenix have been removed. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi