So we need a pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
I coach a 10u tournament ball team and it is my first year.We had a couple girls that wanted to pitch and one is just naturally pretty good.I am not a pitching coach and most of the guys I have found in my area are older and teach variable styles of what I think is called the Hello Elbow on this site.I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know of a good pitching coach anywhere near Diamond Head Mississippi (coastal MS.).If not should i send her to the least objectionable to at least give her more than i can.I have also seen where some very good pitching coaches have dvd's and online tutorials are any of these truly worth doing.Thanks in advance on any advice

Aug 3, 2013
A pitching coach that teaches hello elbow can better then no pitching coach at all. At least if they can teach the proper mechanics...other then the ir portion of course...

Jun 24, 2013
I am not familiar with your area but if you have a handful of players I would try to get a PC to come to part of your practice. If your HS season is in the spring, you might be able to interest a HS coach to come up and help for a reasonable cost. We passed the cost on to the pitchers when we did this, I think it was $20 for an hour. 5 pitchers, so coach made $100 for an hour. A HS pitcher might be interested too, maybe for free. They might need some community service on their resume and SB is a great way for them to get it. Never hurts to ask.

You need to pay attention and suck up as much information as you can, after the session ask a lot of questions.

After 4 or 5 sessions, IMO, the pitchers are on their own. You can keep looking and recommend a PC to them but they need to go to lessons and practice on their own time.

Edit:

I know your games have not started yet but I am not shy. If there is a pitcher I like I ask the other HC were she goes for lessons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC