Size Glove for 8U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
Just to give you one more option......my daughter has been using this glove since she was 8. She is 10 now and still has really tiny hands. Seriously, her hands are the size of a 6 year olds. She plays completive travel (pitcher) and we tried to find her a more "substantial" glove (as we've found the "youth gloves" wear out pretty fast...but any and all adult gloves (even 11") were so big on her that her fingers don't even go in the stalls. This glove is pretty much the same as the Jenny Finch but in my DD's case she doesn't want pink on anything. She's on her 3rd one of these and I'll keep buying them until her hands grow LOL. it's a 12" but really not as large as an adult 12". it's lightweight and easy to manage.
Mizuno 12.5' Supreme Black Series Fastpitch Glove | DICK'S Sporting Goods

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The pink is funny.

My marching orders from DD for both her 2nd mitt and bat was anything but pink.

It could be the best equipment in the world, if it was pink she wanted nothing to do with it.

Oct 16, 2014
The pink is funny.

My marching orders from DD for both her 2nd mitt and bat was anything but pink.

It could be the best equipment in the world, if it was pink she wanted nothing to do with it.

my kids hate pink. And hate even more that most youth softball equipment has pink on it (as if girls are just trying to look cute while playing or that girls in sports need some pink stuff....just don't get it). My kids were especially disappointed in DICK's Spring catalog and wrote a letter to DICKS to cut it out with all the pink lol

Jun 12, 2015
My older daughter hates pink. It's not hard to avoid though; she plays baseball. My softball player is quite "girly" and has no problem with pink.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you for the info! :eek: I just wasn't sure which size to go with. I hear the Worth Liberty being praised and that's why I asked about that glove. She's a lefty and there are little to no options on trying anything out in store in my area. So, I've been kind of lost on what brand/size glove to order her. I even made a joke to my spouse and told him I didn't even take this much time selecting a husband! lol!

Don't get me wrong. The Worth Liberty Advanced series gloves are excellent, which is why they get tons of praise. They are made of high-quality leather, and built to withstand the needs of players at the highest levels of the game. For a newbie 8U player, it's too much of a glove (moderately stiff out of the box). When she's a well-experienced 10U, with more strength and better skills, and on her way to playing at a higher level (all-stars and/or travel ball), a 12" Worth LA would be a great choice.

As for pink, my DD is on the "hate it" list, too.

Nov 2, 2015
My daughter just turned 7...and is definitely on the short side (mom is 5'1 on a tall day), so she's got little hands. She uses a 10" right now, as anything else is just too big, and she feels comfortable in her current glove. Will probably get an 11 inch for next year, and spend 2 months breaking it in before the season!

Aug 16, 2015
I'm actually surprised my DD likes the Worth Shut-out. She thought all the Worth gloves she tried were heavy for their size.

I think it boiled down to her very specific color/style opinions.

Dec 27, 2014

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA