Showcase - Indiviual Workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Rookie question

How important is it for the a travel teams head coach to be on hand when one of his or her players are participating in the individual portion of a showcase?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My first inclination is to say "not very important", but it might be nice to have a coach there in case any of the college coaches have any immediate questions. Not sure how often that happens, but there is always a chance! If your head coach does not plan to be there I would not get too upset about it. Most college coaches use it as a time to identify players they may be interested in, and they plan to watch them in game play later in the week.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
I know our coach wasn't at the individual ones and that wasn't a problem because if the coaches are working the camp they can talk to the girls and get a chance to learn more about there personalities and ability first hand. They would generally follow up with her coach after the camps when they came to watch games.

Oct 18, 2009
Rookie question

How important is it for the a travel teams head coach to be on hand when one of his or her players are participating in the individual portion of a showcase?

I dont think its a travel coaches job to be at an individual portion of a showcase, that being said, someone speaking to coaches there on a players behalf with a profile sheet probably would be nice.

Also... I kind of feel like those individual showcases are only good for pitchers if you throw hard; like over 60mph; if you don't... it might be better not to attend. Or if you have some stat that is exceptional like a 68mph overhand throw; home to first in 2.7 range or less; etc. If you are just in the middle somewhere; I think its just a waste of money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC