Shelled/Ego

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Starting a new thread didnt want to hijack jj.

Read a lot about composure, didnt give up, coach kept her in, fought thru it. All great. How about when xxxx hit the fan. I will give u an example, last memorial day dd gets crushed by a team from VA. A friggin well oiled machine whos players looked like they drove themselves to the tourny. 12u 2nd year. There smallest player was bigger than our stud catcher.

You can guess what happens. After bracket play, we end up in silver. (66 teams divided into 3 classes) Our starter could not get out of 1st innning, they put dd in, and never looked back. Great defense, great hitting, and she was in the zone for 3 and half a games. Mind you they didnt go all 7 innings. They win the silver. Tourny mvp, blah blah.

Now next tourny 2 weeks later back home. Gave her a break 3 days. No softball. She hardly pitched in those 2 weeks, she thought she was the poo. I kept trying to tell her its gonna bite you in the azz, and your gonna let your teamates down. You know you have to continue to throw. Day after day goes by, couple of workouts, very lackluster, also a tinge of attitude from her. not the right kind either.

Played in 14u tourny. She pitched final game on saturday pool play. Start the game 12 pitches, 3 walks, enough said.
So much for the stud in PA 2 weeks ago.

Nothing like an ego check, sometimes your dds dont want to hear from you or the wife, they say they "got it" dont worry, leave me alone.

Its funny that the game never judges, it shows the truth, those who work hard, will be rewarded in great play, and those who dont will be exposed. And the game nevers has to utter a word.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Everyone has to learn this lesson at sometime. I hope she has learned it, now. There is a saying about "somewhere someone is practicing. Make that someone me."

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
00fpdaddy, I keep one video of my dd in a special place on my computer. It reminds me of the bad of dd working out. One day, she went because she was "supposed to workout" and not because she wanted to workout. I don't know what was going on then be suspect it was a boy. Anyway, her attitude was horrible. Her work was horrible. At one point, she lays down on the hitting mat and says, "why am I here?" Man it took everything I had not to unload on her. I kept saying, "if you're done, let's go home." She kept saying, "I'm not done." It was miserable for both. So, sometimes things have to happen in both of our dd's situations where they are shocked back into focus. For mine, I show her the video and she can't believe that it is her. For yours, I know that she holds herself accountable and will step up. Just give it time.

Oct 22, 2009
Everyone has to learn this lesson at sometime. I hope she has learned it, now. There is a saying about "somewhere someone is practicing. Make that someone me."

I like this one;
“When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win”
Ed Macauley-Basketball player

This one is good too.
“Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired."
Martha Graham--Dance teacher

It's tough I know, but gosh it's the best learning experience you can ask for! Every time you get beat down and pick yourself back up the stronger the person you become.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1