Score keeping software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you become a "fan" of a team...which you can search all teams by team name, city, state, I can look at the results and stats for any game that hasn't been deleted by their scorekeeper. Or I can watch live streamed play by play of that team...which is really kind of cool. Play by comes across similiar "Johnson hits a hard line drive to rf. Rfer Smith throws to 2nd where ss jones tags Johnson for the 2nd out."

We used gamechanger and it seems to work pretty well. I was out of town once and used the feature that allows you to see play by play it was pretty neat.

As far as parents seeing scoring data anybody in the stands for every game like your parents can keep score so I don't know exactly what is secret, plus I don't think anyone would be surprised about who the best hitters and fielders are on the team.

Gamechanger does give you some pretty cool stats about quality at bats, spray charts, etc.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If you become a "fan" of a team...which you can search all teams by team name, city, state, I can look at the results and stats for any game that hasn't been deleted by their scorekeeper. Or I can watch live streamed play by play of that team...which is really kind of cool. Play by comes across similiar "Johnson hits a hard line drive to rf. Rfer Smith throws to 2nd where ss jones tags Johnson for the 2nd out."

INBOX is full... have a ??? 4U THX

Mar 13, 2010
I use iScore (it's the most commonly used one in Australia) it is a pain to learn, but does everything for you.

I've had it drummed into my head never to give the scorebook to anyone but the coach. Scoring is so subjective and there are endless agreements that go on. (And there is nothing worse than a parent coming up going 'did you error that play? Whose error?')

R

RayR

Can you use these apps after the fact to just enter stats?

Meaning - I would like to be able to enter old scorebook statistics in from last year to be able to generate certain reports - or would it be easier to just set up a spreadsheet?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Can you use these apps after the fact to just enter stats?

You could but unless your scorebook is as detailed as an MLB book you will be making things up to complete the book.

I use Iscore and it was difficult to use when the play became complex. Grounder to SS and a throw out at 1st is childs play. But a runner on 3rd where the sac bunt is laid down and R3 doesn't score but B1 is out and you start having to go back and fix it. It automatically wants to score R3. Errors become complex with runners on especially if they don't lead to an R3 scoring.

The pace and speed of FP is such that you better have a book just in case. No TV timeouts to catch up.

I do like the fact Iscore will automatically tweet inning updates. LOL, all of my Non-FP followers have stopped when they got 20+ softball related tweets in one day from me.

From the other posts about Gamechanger I think I'll check that out.

Jan 23, 2011
Vienna, VA
I've worked with both and use iscore now. Best $10 I've ever spent. Instead of hours of work after the game, stats are produced instantly. I ended up with iscore because I like its stat package better and found it handled more game variables. Gamechanger gives you some interesting hitting stats, but they are behind iscore on the quality of fielding stats. Added bonus is fans are not charged to follow the games online with iscore.

Both apps take time to learn. Figure 15-20 games before it starts feeling natural.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I concur with VirginiaDad about the timeframe to feel comfortable. I can now keep the regular book and Iscore at the same time with a little input from surrounding parents when I don't hear the call. Can PU please make a little more noise when it's a ball?

Dec 7, 2011
A year ago,for Android consideration,Iscore was MUCH more stable than Gamechanger. If the stability has been improved in a year then I would rank them about equal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207