Sadly, playing softball has come to an end for DD.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
MS, I know how this seems like a disaster in the making and I pray for a quick and speedy recovery. That said, as one door closes another one opens and I hope that it's one of your DD's choosing. Good luck and please don't be a stranger. You've been an invaluable asset to the board and I truly hope you continue to be so.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I just hope the lil dinosaur is ok. Softball is just a game, like they said in Moneyball, every player has to hang up their cleats at some point. I am sure she, and you, have a lot of memories from the game. Now she'll make a bunch more doing something else.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Thank you for posting this here. Its a sad day but it sounds like you made the right decision. I have known players and parents in he same situation who played on risking everything for this game. I know that making the right decision doesn't always feel good, but its still the right thing.

Keep your eyes open, the next great thing in your dds life might be just around the corner.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Sorry to hear. Good luck and speedy recovery to your DD. My dd had to miss a year due to spinal fusion surgery and returned to playing in August. Just reinforces my decision to keep DD from returning to being a catcher. She misses it greatly, but is glad to be back on the field. I will be sharing your DD's misfortune with her tonight, as she has been making comments about catching the last few weeks.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wishing Little Dino a speedy recovery and a successful future on whatever path is in front of her.

I hope you continue to stop by DFP and share your experiences throughout LD's playing career.

Sep 29, 2014
Praying for full recovery and full life ahead without softball...while it's the game we all love life has lots more to offer.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
So Sorry to hear this! Both DD's had a couple of concussions, but none from softball. you are at the point I always feared- but honestly, it's your DD's symptoms that I was most afraid of. My DD's needed to have a reduced workload but not all teachers cooperated with that- especially in Middle School.
Take it slow, pace yourselves for the long recovery with time not being the priority but rather complete recovery.

best of luck to you all!

Sep 18, 2011
Very sorry to hear, and also surprised that a doctor would clear her to catch, especially after the second or third concussion. Those foul tips can be brutal, and from what I understand, once you have a concussion you become more susceptible to another. Anyway, sorry again, and really not trying to second guess, just expressing some surprise. Best wishes for your dd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619