Sad day!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
Just a thought but the person who went to the trouble of drilling your trunk already new what he would find. people who steal will not take a risk of getting caught if they don't already know the reward. someone who saw you at the field or in your neighborhood maybe. Keep an eye out. odds are you know them or have seen them before.

Sep 18, 2011
Seems odd that you would ask for people to send you stuff before finding out what the insurance will cover. I don't know. I'm probably more suspicious than most.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Just a thought but the person who went to the trouble of drilling your trunk already new what he would find. people who steal will not take a risk of getting caught if they don't already know the reward. someone who saw you at the field or in your neighborhood maybe. Keep an eye out. odds are you know them or have seen them before.

Unfortunately it is not much trouble to get into the trunk especially on older cars. Properly padded a dent puller/slide hammer is quiet and efficient. Only 15 -20 seconds per car to open trunk, clean it out, and on to the next one.

May 14, 2014
Seems odd that you would ask for people to send you stuff before finding out what the insurance will cover. I don't know. I'm probably more suspicious than most.

I'm not asking for people to give me stuff. Is up to them if they want to. I'm not making anyone do anything. I do hope that my insurance will cover it. I know that if it happened to someone I would try to help, no questions ask. Gear can be a bit pricey! Again, that's just me. I wouldn't want this to happened to anyone.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Where did he ask for anyone to send gear? As far as I can tell, people offered out of generosity.

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
Sorry to hear! People can be real a$$h@!&$
If the car was in your driveway, your home owners will cover the loss, less the deduct of course. Usually the deduct isn't to bad for theft under your comprehensive.

I am sorry, I just sold my boys extra stuff:mad:.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Why in the world would one person have 17 bats???

Less than double digits, I can make a solid case to the insurance company, but 10 or more is a challenge. The wife is a different story, its 3, maybe 4 max (which is why I have multiple bags with multiple bats in each and make sure that they are never in the same place at the same time).

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If I lost even 100 softballs, that would easily be $600.00. (I carry both 11s and 12s.) My stuff is in the back of my pick up, although it is in the garage at night. I hate thieves.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207