Sad day!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Fortunately it is only stuff. And hopefully insurance will replace most of of it. I've had things stolen from cars/homes in the past and it really does suck. I feel for you.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
U feel so violated when this happens! I hope they catch whoever did this! What kind of bat bags did they have? What sz bats? Keeps us posted on what u find out about insurance.

May 14, 2014
U feel so violated when this happens! I hope they catch whoever did this! What kind of bat bags did they have? What sz bats? Keeps us posted on what u find out about insurance.

Daughter had the Easton walk off II bat bag. Bats was an Easton Mako and the DeMarini CF6 both 32in/22oz or 23oz
son had the Easton Eon Bat pack, Bats was also a Easton Mako xl an a Easton xl1 28in 19oz

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Watch Craigs List. Dad on team had something similar happen. Set up meeting to purchase a $300 bat for $50. Met seller at parking lot to purchase DD's $300 bat for only $50. After meeting seller he called cops who arrived and called the ambulance. :) Based on other ads cops got warrant and search apartment finding all kinds of stuff. Seller now someones girlfriend at Florida Correctional Institution.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Have there been multiple auto burglaries in the area of a similar nature where thieves popped trunk locks? This may not have been a random act or crime of opportunity. IME tweakers will steal most anything and even they will pass on sports gear in favor of less bulky items. You may need to consider who knew you had gear in the vehicle outside your house.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Best of luck to you.

Some of the suggestions are good. I don't know about your area, but I know of cases where people have actually found their stolen items in pawn shops around here, only to have the pawn shop owners cover things up so as not to have to return the stolen items. I even know of a time where the pawn shop owner deleted all the pictures from a stolen camera.

Play it Again is more reputable than pawn shops, but tends to go for the really high end stuff, which some of this may be.

I really feel bad for you and your kids.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma