Rotation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMB_Zs8DHU.gif

There’s two things happening with rotation. One is using rotation to help with spin, the other is creating an offset between the between the plant foot direction (stride isn’t on the power line) and joint alignments. It’s physics.

May 13, 2023
View attachment 29265

There’s two things happening with rotation. One is using rotation to help with spin, the other is creating an offset between the between the plant foot direction (stride isn’t on the power line) and joint alignments. It’s physics.
Like your interest in topics! 👍

( my comment is regarding analyzing mechanics)

When looking at analyzing pitching like to see examples of the same pitcher throwing multiple pitches, and if they have them different pitches (drop,rise,curve,change)
to compare their own individual rotation and where they are planting their foot on these different pitches. This way we are looking at the same body and the particulars they may adjust for the different pitches they are throwing.

Same with analyzing hitting. Like to look at same hitter on more than one swing and more than one pitch location.
Same when analyzing catchers receiving pitches and throwing. Ball needs to be in different locations, including wild and in the dirt.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here’s the thing, what she is doing affects front side resistance. I have her 3 mph faster on other pitches.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Like your interest in topics! 👍

( my comment is regarding analyzing mechanics)

When looking at analyzing pitching like to see examples of the same pitcher throwing multiple pitches, and if they have them different pitches (drop,rise,curve,change)
to compare their own individual rotation and where they are planting their foot on these different pitches. This way we are looking at the same body and the particulars they may adjust for the different pitches they are throwing.

Same with analyzing hitting. Like to look at same hitter on more than one swing and more than one pitch location.
Same when analyzing catchers receiving pitches and throwing. Ball needs to be in different locations, including wild and in the dirt.

I’ll post more of her pitches.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles