Rookie Ball vs T-Ball vs Machine pitch tournaments.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
6U Player Pitch "A" Travel Team that plays exposure tournaments would probably give her the best chance at a scholarship.;)

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
6U Player Pitch "A" Travel Team that plays exposure tournaments would probably give her the best chance at a scholarship.;)

She just turned 6. So yes i know she is still very young. I guess i see the desire that she has when she steps on the field. If i let her she would play out there with my older dd. She really loves the game.

Thanks for all the input.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Just giving you a hard time. I have a 5 year old who loves to emulate her 3 older sisters that play. Probably has the best swing of the lot. A year from now I'll probably be wondering if I should move her to 10U!

Apr 9, 2012
She just turned 6. So yes i know she is still very young. I guess i see the desire that she has when she steps on the field. If i let her she would play out there with my older dd. She really loves the game.

And nothing could make you prouder than to see her want something and work hard for it. :)

Apr 1, 2010

From what I've heard, girls who come over to fastpitch from baseball often are very skilled and transition well. Since she's only 6, if you can find a Rookie team of boys or a coed mix the same age, why not try her there?

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
And nothing could make you prouder than to see her want something and work hard for it. :)

Just wish her older DD had that same work hard attitude all the time.
I agree about the skills at hitting the baseball vs softball will help, i believe the hand-eye cordination.

May 18, 2009
We do a hybridized system at U8. The girls pitch until 4 balls. If the count was 4 balls one stirke then the batter gets two balls from the pitching machine. If the pitcher strikes the batter out then no pitching machine. Seems to work very well. The pitcher gets to learn and by U10 they have some decent pitching skills plus the batters get to see pitching or a machine pitch which is better than the slow pitch coach pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207