Riseball, Good luck!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Jake and Nikki Blue dominated VT today. I will not be surprised if they continue to split games as they work very well together. Meanwhile the Gamecocks Freshman continue to do very well and contribute in a big way.

Saw some of the Michigan / Florida game. It definitely was not the Michigan that was at the WCWS. Meanwhile the Gators looked down right scary.

Kelly Barnhill is still leaping but apparently below the threshold to get called. Hutch was in the 3rd base umpires ear after the first pitch. Barhill worked in the low to mid-60's but she got the job done. To her credit her mechanics are much improved and if she can stay legal she definitely has the goods.

The USF scoreboard must have been setup by Radar Grandpa. It was off 4-5mph on every pitch as confirmed by a sea of Pocket Radar users. As much as I would love to see it, no way Jake threw 73mph. :)

FWIW - Do not recall who it was but I captured a 89mph exit speed on a hit. In many years of gunning pitchers have never seen one that high.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Riseball, congrats on the "W" and good luck against Illinois State! I will be listening on the Internet, ISU broadcasts the games on their website.

The ISU 3 and 4 hitters are local girls. Tell her to go easy on them!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Looking at the boxscores - looks like it couldn't have gone much better for her for the weekend...

Congrats - must have been a really great weekend.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Looking at the boxscores - looks like it couldn't have gone much better for her for the weekend...

Congrats - must have been a really great weekend.

It was a great weekend on many levels. Was able to catch up with some players and parents from other teams that I worked with in the past, and had the opportunity to meet many of the parents of Jake's teammates. Looking forward to games in Columbia next weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck