Resistance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
Are we talking about a parent or a child?

If it's the latter and she wants to choose swimming over pitching practice when it's 102 degrees outside, then the slightest amount of resistance should be enough to get you both to the pool. :)

Jan 27, 2010
Are we talking about a parent or a child?

If it's the latter and she wants to choose swimming over pitching practice when it's 102 degrees outside, then the slightest amount of resistance should be enough to get you both to the pool. :)
SoftSocDad, I am referring to left side resistance for a RHP or right side resistance for a LHP. Was your post tongue-in- cheek or were you serious with your response?

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
When does resistance become too much resistance?[/QUOT

What some forget or do not ever consider, the condition of the ground in the circle. When your speed and forward momentum overpower your ability to retain traction against your stride foot and the ground. When you reach the point that your cletes slide vs dig in and 'grab'. If your stride foot slips, you lose everything; power / speed, accuracy, balance.

I have thrown batting practice to HS teams on dirt that was formerly hardpan and used to be an almond orchard. 250 pond man in metal cletes and they would not did in enough to dig up a little dust. I s;id.

I have pitched where the dirt was so deep, it was like dust and covered my whole shoe.

I have pitched to where the hole where the stride foot landed was several inches deep and there were rocks sticking out of the sides of the hole.

I have no clue how these young gals and their rubber cletes find any traction at all

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
Hal, one of my students attended a D-1 camp and the PC told her that she had too much resistance. Not because she was not getting traction but that her weight should be more forward. My response when she told me this was "bull". IMO she has the ideal reverse posture at release. Weight back and behind the stride foot.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal, one of my students attended a D-1 camp and the PC told her that she had too much resistance. Not because she was not getting traction but that her weight should be more forward. My response when she told me this was "bull". IMO she has the ideal reverse posture at release. Weight back and behind the stride foot.[/QUOTE

Yup. Some of the college pitchers that were graduatimg a few years back landed at the same facility I taught at. I couldnt believe some of the crap they were teaching, terrible mechanics. Parents beware.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC