Would you consider this brush resistance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Just trying to see if you consider this brush resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, there is no brush here. The upper arm is sliding by the ribcage and the forearm is clearly away from the hip.

I would suggest having her work on stopping her shoulders more at 45 degrees. That will allow her upper arm to compress against her ribcage and give her the opportunity for brush.

Yes the shoulders are closing ahead of the pelvis.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She is 13 and consistently throws 50-52.

I think she can improve that going by that video. The problems is once they learn something and have ingrained that through game and pressure situations, it can make it more difficult to correct.

Nov 9, 2021
Her accuracy will improve if she develops brush interference. It also helps her speed when she gets older.

She doesn't have far to go. Just work on getting her stand tall.

Thanks. She gets told to stand tall all the time, probably to the point she is sick of it. That video is actually an improved version of her standing tall. She constantly says things like she is trying to. Are there any tricks or drills to help her stand taller? Or different wording that might register with her?

Jan 25, 2022
Thanks. She gets told to stand tall all the time, probably to the point she is sick of it. That video is actually an improved version of her standing tall. She constantly says things like she is trying to. Are there any tricks or drills to help her stand taller? Or different wording that might register with her?

It's more than staying tall. She's opening early and trying to make contact with a hip that doesnt close. Her drive needs some work if she's gonna be in the best position to do these things correctly. If you want some help, shoot me a message. :)

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
It's difficult to make assessments of a pitching motion where the pitcher doesn't have a glove on and isn't using a real ball, the presence of those two things can significantly change mechanics. I have a girl who has great technique with a wiffle ball but the weight of a real ball causes significant changes. With that said if you want to change her posture at landing give her a task, such as 'pop up' on release, or 'jump back' after release.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414