Refund Policies Suck on Rain Outs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Half of our Showcase this weekend was rained out. There were two different parks being used with the teams splitting days at each facility. The fields where we were supposed to play on Saturday were closed so we only got in two games on Sunday. From what I understand if you play no games you get 100% back, 1 game you get 50% and if the second game starts, you get zippy.

I understand that but my beef is that the one facility was closed so half the teams played 4 games since facility two was open Sunday, others got 2 in while others just backed out completely.

I feel like I should get 50% of the entry fee back based on the fact the one facility was closed completely.

I am sure this is a whiny post but the team could use that money.

Aug 6, 2013
You gotta read the Contract - They all suck -
You do often get the oppertunity to play greatly shortend games on a poorly maintained field in the rain - So there is that.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Which is why they always try to get you on the field for that first pitch of the first game. That way when the heavens open up and Noah sails by they get at least 50% of your money.

Oct 19, 2009
One time we were playing in Chattanooga, TN we played 4 games and won every game and was waiting on teams to finish the losers bracket to play the finials and it came a wash out we never saw any refund nor did they reward any trophies or finish the tournament.

It has been five years and it still sticks in my craw a little, one reason the tournament fee was like $400.00 the trophies were about 5 feet tall (very nice), the kids sure wanted to win one of them. :mad:

Mar 26, 2013
OP's terms sound like Triple Crown Sports. If the whole event is cancelled, TCS gives you the choice between getting a 90% refund (10% admin fee) or applying the full amount towards another event.

One of the major showcase organizers in SoCal has the most one-sided terms I've seen. Besides covering expenses, it appears they lock in their profit on the event.

Refund Policy: (Revised April 1, 2011)

>If you enter* and the entire tournament is cancelled due to rain or some other unforseen event, we will issue you a refund by check. One-half (1/2) of your paid entry fee may be refunded. The other one-half(1/2) of your paid entry fee will be non-refundable, due to pre-tournament incurred expenses. The non-refundable amount may increase at the sole descretion of the tournament directors, depending upon incurred costs for that tournament.

> If you withdraw from the tournament for any reason, after the schedule has been posted on the Surf City web site, your fees will be totally nonrefundable."

>If it is necessary to suspend a tournament, after you have played your first game, due to weather or some other unforeseen event, you will be credited for your games that you did not begin, minus $250.00. Your remaining credit will be refunded by check. The $250.00 amount may increase at the sole descretion of the tournament directors, depending upon incurred costs for that tournament.

Feb 7, 2013
One of the major showcase organizers in SoCal has the most one-sided terms I've seen. Besides covering expenses, it appears they lock in their profit on the event.[/I]

In Huntington Beach (CA), you're more likely to get a cancelled tournament due to an earthquake than a rain out :). I wouldn't be too concerned....

Mar 26, 2013
In Huntington Beach (CA), you're more likely to get a cancelled tournament due to an earthquake than a rain out :). I wouldn't be too concerned....
Cities are very cautious with their parks and are quick to close them when there is any rain (e.g. HB, FV and Irvine). IME (6 years), they average about one each year - typically in the fall or winter.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
You gotta read the Contract - They all suck -
You do often get the oppertunity to play greatly shortend games on a poorly maintained field in the rain - So there is that.

That is hilarious...

It has been five years and it still sticks in my craw a little, one reason the tournament fee was like $400.00 the trophies were about 5 feet tall (very nice), the kids sure wanted to win one of them.

NSA and ASA are around $4-450. SoftballNation tourneys are $405 and Utrips are a minimum of $500 around here. We did attend an ASA event for $385 though but wasn't a qualifier or anything. Didn't even have to be ASA sanctioned...

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
OP's terms sound like Triple Crown Sports. If the whole event is cancelled, TCS gives you the choice between getting a 90% refund (10% admin fee) or applying the full amount towards another event.[/I]

Definitely will not miss this next year when DD goes to college to play ball. Spent this past weekend at TCS Best of the West :rolleyes:...one concession stand for eight fields with games from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM every day...questionable umpiring (and I'm being generous)...and fields with no temporary fences (for what they charge, they can afford some damn PVC pipe and zip ties)...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd