Recruiting - should this video be used?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
And holy crap is she playing shallow there. I've only moved a kid that close when there's a tiny girl at the plate.

I assume this hitter was a threat to bunt.

It's probably not fair to compare this to pros, but I watched the AU 3Bs play this close a lot during the season this year. It's not uncommon.

Jun 8, 2016
I assume this hitter was a threat to bunt.

It's probably not fair to compare this to pros, but I watched the AU 3Bs play this close a lot during the season this year. It's not uncommon.
I see it..and it scares the crap out of me to the point where I don’t want to watch..

May 20, 2015
heck yeah use it.......i like things that aren't the norm, and it shows a real softball play in a real softball situation, where things don't always follow script

i have 100% had DD2 tweet videos of her grounding out/flying out (she once tweeted all of the outs she made in one weekend.....there weren't many, but....) because they showed that she runs every ground out as hard as every gap shot double......didn't matter where the ball went, she ran down the line the same.......to me that's a lot more telling about the player, as is this video

Aug 5, 2022
Good reflexes..wth was the baserunner doing?

Lol that’s what I was thinking. It was a great play but the defender to stay in the play but that time to first …seemed like she had to have stopped running and watched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Lol that’s what I was thinking. It was a great play but the defender to stay in the play but that time to first …seemed like she had to have stopped running and watched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was talking about the kid on 2B..not sure if that is what you meant. With the SS playing that close to 3B you have to wait to see if the ball gets through before you take off.

Nov 15, 2019
Thank you so much for all your thoughts! Lots of great insight here! I had my DD read them over, I think this thread gave her a little self confidence boost!

She has lots of hitting videos already. She typically catches or plays OF, but this fall her coach has needed someone at 3rd and even though it's been a few years since she played infield she said she'd give it a shot. She's told all the college coaches she talks to that she's new at 3rd, we just want to put a few videos together so they can see how she adapts to a new position.

Oct 3, 2019
Would love some thoughts on if this video should be used for DDs highlights from last weekend (she's playing 3rd base in this video). She's unsure because she fell, I think it's still a good play and shows good recovery. So should we use it or lose it? (For reference she's looking at D3s and NAIA's)

I say to use it. So often, all we see are very basic and routine plays, none of which stand out in any way. This one is unique and demonstrates her reaction time and ability to keep her composure and her head in the play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi