Recruiting - should this video be used?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I have no opinion on its use, but it's awesome. I watched it half a dozen times. I love plays like that. And holy crap is she playing shallow there. I've only moved a kid that close when there's a tiny girl at the plate.

Right?

If she was playing two steps back she could have fielded that on a high hop and had the easy out at third and perhaps a double play.

She did a great job to get the out. Well done. With a lot of other girls playing up that would have been a hit or ROE.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Thank you so much for all your thoughts! Lots of great insight here! I had my DD read them over, I think this thread gave her a little self confidence boost!

She has lots of hitting videos already. She typically catches or plays OF, but this fall her coach has needed someone at 3rd and even though it's been a few years since she played infield she said she'd give it a shot. She's told all the college coaches she talks to that she's new at 3rd, we just want to put a few videos together so they can see how she adapts to a new position.
Getting experience at other positions is a must and she needs to embrace those opportunities. DD's primary position is C, but played 95% at 3B last year. Looks like this year she will be back at C. Coaches will have to put his puzzle pieces together based on the strengths of players and sometimes the best move is to put a player in a spot they normally don't play in order to keep their bat in the lineup. Jayda Coleman lefty OF for OU played primarily at SS in HS days. She's athletic enough to play anywhere!

Tell those college coaches that her coach needs her at 3B and she is excited to see the game from a different perspective. It will help improve her softball IQ.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If she was playing two steps back she could have fielded that on a high hop and had the easy out at third and perhaps a double play.
Perhaps the Lefty slapper hitter optioned to try and crush it at the closer third baseman. But could have dropped down a bunt if third was playing back.
Simply saying,
Strategy works both ways.

Regardless
Basic grounders should result in an out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi