random thoughts from a non-expert

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2009
1. I think that if you videotaped all high school and college pitchers, most could be called for illegal pitches. I know some of you expert PCs will say I'm wrong but the push foot certainly seems to lose contact with the ground a lot.
2. I know that when DD pitches blue gets very tight with the strike zone, when DD bats blue has a huge strike zone. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
3. I'm tired of seeing pop flys go out of the park, college fences at 200' to 220' is a joke, you have grown women playing on a little league field, move the fence back and we'll see more doubles and triples.
4.I think that if your DD has played for 5 travel teams before she's 14, she might not be as awesome as you think she is, or the parents might be crazy.
5. Just because DD doesn't pitch every TB game doesn't mean you need to start your own TB team.
That's my top 5, agree, disagree or add your own.

Mar 15, 2010
I keep very detailed stats on all my players and I can tell you with near 100% certainty that every parent estimates their DDs BA at least .100 higher than the actual #.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I keep very detailed stats on all my players and I can tell you with near 100% certainty that every parent estimates their DDs BA at least .100 higher than the actual #.

Wait, you're trying to tell me that MY DD is only batting 1.000? Either your scorebook or calculator must be wrong!!!

Mar 15, 2010
Wait, you're trying to tell me that MY DD is only batting 1.000? Either your scorebook or calculator must be wrong!!!

A couple of rec seasons ago I had a parent tell me, "if you don't count the strikeouts my daughters batting average is way higher.". Yeah and if I was 5 inches taller I wouldn't be overweight.

Oct 18, 2009
Your DD is never as good (or as bad) as you think or tell everyone she is.

If she's not playing enough at the position you want for her it's not because the coach doesn't like her; its because she probably isn't as good as you think she is.

Your 12yo DD does not have 5 pitches she can throw for strikes.

Behind every great (or even some not so great) pitcher is a crazy dad (or mom).

The coach knows when you are kissing his/her rear.

Your DD is embarrassed when you yell instructions to her while she is playing and you are not the coach.

Jul 28, 2008
I keep hitting and pitching stats at the 10U level. This way I can put out the best batting lineup to most help the team. It changes with as the girls hitting changes throughout the year.

jay

Mar 29, 2010
holland, oh
funny, i remember running my team's stats last year and had to re-run my daughters just to confirm that she was as bad as the numbers showed. this is proof your comment is so true!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00