question for Rick Pauly and anyone else who has had success with BI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I attend the annual Softball Coaches Conference at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut every year and this past January one of the presentations was on preventing injuries to pitchers. They presented results from an ongoing study done at Mass General Hospital by Dr Luke Oh, Harvard Medical School and Planet Fastpitch, (a softball training facility). the attached video was part of the presentation, introducing Dr Oh and the means and methods of collecting data from pitchers.
in the early returns, one of the sources of common injury sounded to me like it was from BI applied incorrectly.

He provides a phone number to contact him and I think it would be helpful to the softball community to have a study like this that can separate accepted beliefs from science and as a result, minimize chronic injuries that occur due to mis-applied mechanics. I think it would be extremely relevant to have participants in this study that practice BI correctly.

This is open to any pitchers that are interested and in the area (Boston). (Lauren Haeger was in town and participated back around Easter) I don't know any more than that, just throwing it out there (no pun intended) in the hope that we can help create something that will help many others.

Oct 16, 2014
I find this kind of thing fascinating. you think they'd be interested in a 10year old? I'm only half joking. I'd totally travel to Boston to have her be in this study :)

Oct 16, 2014
thought I'd add, my DD brushes, not quite like in the GIF's because... she's 10,but she does. Oh and I called for the study. figured it couldn't hurt to inquire if they were interested in youth players :)

Oct 16, 2014
KHS- I was going to suggest you give them a call. I would've brought DD but our schedule is just too busy.

I left them a voice mail. Explained she is a youth player with a good grip on her skills and form. We don't live near Boston but I can get there with no difficulty ( perks of being in an airline family) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma