question about ncaa div.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
NCAA or NJCAA?

For NJCAA, the main difference between D1 and D2 is D1 can also provide room, board and "transportation costs one time per academic year to and from the college by direct route." They're allowed the same number of scholarships (24 for softball). All 3 divisions have the same limit on games (40 playing dates w/ 30 in Spring).

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2014
I guess I was wondering for other reasons. Im very proud of my DD in what ever she does. She was offered a scholarship and if she was a resident of the state and lived with in some many miles of the college. They offered a my dd free ride as a pitcher. I told her that she should be proud that she was offered that and her hard work and dedication paid off. The scholarship is still worth a 1/3 off what it coast to go there for an out of state student.

If you can't solve the out of state part not hardly worth it you could get a 1/3 scholarship in state and be TONS cheaper...if cost is a factor.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In Juco ball, the divisions are for the national tournament. League and non-league games are set up based upon distance and availability. She might play an NCAA D2 team one day and an NAIA team the next.

Take a look at the schedule and see how it looks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut