Proud

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My allergies must be acting up again.

Very inspirational story.

Yes, you should be proud of her. And you deserve a small portion of the credit for guidance

Nov 18, 2015
Thanks, I guess what Im asking as a Christian is for permission or if it is warranted for me not to be humble about my dd and what she has accomplished.
[...]
I'm so blessed to be her dad, that God gave me grace and placed her in my life. I'm proud of my Emily.

Even God's been known to do a little shouting from the mountaintop at times:

Matthew 3:17
"lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

And of course Genesis 1:31
"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
sorry took this quote from riseball from my other thread about my dd's scholarship offer.

Thanks, I guess what Im asking as a Christian is for permission or if it is warranted for me not to be humble about my dd and what she has accomplished. I have always taught my dd to be humble and give the glory to God and the players around her, but she has earned every bit of this. Almost 5 years ago, in January of 2012, I posted about what could of been the end of her life, when she had her accident and almost died. We didn't know if she would ever play softball again after she had her brain surgery, but 3 months after the surgery she wanted to practice and 2 years after that she started playing again at the 16u level, missing all of her 14u seasons and now next summer playing her last year of 18u. I know this college isn't a big great div.1 team and their are others that have a dd that plays better then my dd. But my eyes are welling up with tears and I cant hold the them back any more. She never gave up her dream. She had a hard time her first year a back, when you go from playing 12u to what seemed like starting all over again at 16u it takes a toll on pitcher. She took her lumps and practiced harder.

I'm so blessed to be her dad, that God gave me grace and placed her in my life. I'm proud of my Emily.
What an inspiration your daughter is…Do you mind me sharing your story with another family? Their daughter was in a major accident, had brain surgery and wasn't expected to live. She is now walking and wants to play softball again.

Nov 18, 2013
sorry took this quote from riseball from my other thread about my dd's scholarship offer.

Thanks, I guess what Im asking as a Christian is for permission or if it is warranted for me not to be humble about my dd and what she has accomplished. I have always taught my dd to be humble and give the glory to God and the players around her, but she has earned every bit of this. Almost 5 years ago, in January of 2012, I posted about what could of been the end of her life, when she had her accident and almost died. We didn't know if she would ever play softball again after she had her brain surgery, but 3 months after the surgery she wanted to practice and 2 years after that she started playing again at the 16u level, missing all of her 14u seasons and now next summer playing her last year of 18u. I know this college isn't a big great div.1 team and their are others that have a dd that plays better then my dd. But my eyes are welling up with tears and I cant hold the them back any more. She never gave up her dream. She had a hard time her first year a back, when you go from playing 12u to what seemed like starting all over again at 16u it takes a toll on pitcher. She took her lumps and practiced harder.

It takes a great deal of sacrifice and hard work by our DD’s to continue their softball careers in college. It also takes support from parents and families and you have every right to be proud!! After all, this is one of the few places we can brag where people won’t roll their eyes at us!.

As Riseball said, don’t get hung up on the level of letters or numbers. Not all Big D1 softball programs are great and there are ALWAYS others who play better than our DD’s. What’s important is that she’s at a school she loves and is being the best player that SHE can be. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. Your DD is a great inspiration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles