Proud dad - DD had a phenomenal weekend (sorry to brag)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
The kid had a blowout weekend... Team went out in first bracket game w/ some stupid errors, but the hitting was great by the whole team. My little brat had a great time at the plate. Slapping alone, she was 9/13; embarrassing many a SS this weekend. :) 5 stolen bases to boot! I don't think I've ever seen her place the ball as well as she did this weekend... proud papa indeed.

Apr 1, 2010
Awesome, absdad. Sounds a lot like our weekend. DD's team also washed out quickly last weekend (combination of being without their SS, playing up and drawing a tough pool). Even though they ended up with a bad seeding after being pummeled in pool, they all started hitting the ball--they only lost their two bracket games by 1 run apiece.

DD was hitting all weekend. Not sure whether the ball off F5's glove was ROE or a single, but the worst she batted was 6 for 8 (with 1 double) and she definitely reached 7 out of 8. (The out was a caught foul ball, no Ks.) Very consistent hitting, but not a great slugging percentage this weekend. Those older girls get the ball back in quickly, so she was mostly held to singles. I was happy for her!

---DD says I missed a double, so I guess 2 doubles and actually not too shabby on the slugging % after all. Bad mom, LOL.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
MsDinosaur awesome! When they hit good it seems to take the sting off of the short Sundays, huh? ;)

Apr 11, 2012
no need to apoligize....and cograts for your DD for a great weekend....question does she ever "swing away"...?

Apr 1, 2010
MsDinosaur awesome! When they hit good it seems to take the sting off of the short Sundays, huh? ;)

Yes, it does--having their hitting get going and fielding improve left the girls feeling a lot better IMO. And the tournament ended early, so none of the teams in the loser's bracket had a chance to come back to win it anyway. ...Not such a bad time to be tossed out quickly! ;-)

Mar 28, 2013
So if this has become the chest thumping softball dad thread I have to share a story as well. So my older DD was in an A TB tourney this weekend playing 14u.my younger daughter 11yrs old came to watch big sis with mom halfway through Saturday. Second base fractures her hand during a play, down to 9 players. second game another player goes down with a bad Hammy. Since my younger DD was there and had her gear due to practice earlier they asked if she could play. sure so she finishes out satuday. Sunday during bracket play my older DD who is the #1 had to pitch the first game after #2 gets in big trouble, they came back and won. Second game was against the #1 seed and since my older DD just finished 5 inning and likely would be needed to pitch the Championship Game they started #3.In the first inning she got into trouble with 4 illegal pitch calls and walks. The coaches new my younger Daughter was a dominant 12u a ball pitcher but common she is 11 and these girl we are playing are 14-15.without an option they motion to her and into the circle steps my little junk baller wearing a uniform two sizes to big rolled up sleeves and belt line.with bases loaded and two runs already across. During warm ups you could see the other team salivating at the chance to step into the box against this little girl. all she did was strike out the side. she wound up with 9 strike outs one BB and 1 earned run in 5 innings of work and we came back to win the game!she had never pitched from 43feet before(she does practice from there though).with the extra three feet the ball was moving a ridiculous amount. To top it off her older sister 13 years old got the comeback started with a leadoff HR over the fence her first over the fence dinnger.looking at the faces of all those High schoolers while this 6th grader carved them up is something I will never forget. This was also the very first time my girls have played on the same team,It was nice to see them pulling on the same end of the rope for a change instead of competing against each other on who was better. My older DD pitched the championship Game and the team won.Those are the moments that keep you sitting on that buck 5 days a week.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
no need to apoligize....and cograts for your DD for a great weekend....question does she ever "swing away"...?

I could tell you... but what happens when our teams play each other? (trying to show my poker face)

Yeah, swings away when needed. Never seems to be as much fun to watch though. :D

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
I could tell you... but what happens when our teams play each other? (trying to show my poker face)

Yeah, swings away when needed. Never seems to be as much fun to watch though. :D

give us the name and age of your team and I will make that happen....and I think she should work just as hard at swinging away as slapping....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207