Probably been discussed a 1,000 times but

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
If you watch the best pitchers you'll see they all have what I call a "Fluid Explosion" from the very start of the motion thru the completion of it. They all look big and loose without forcing anything. The leg drive is very important when it comes to generating speed as part of the chaining of the other parts of the motion together along with keeping good front side resistance to throw against.

May 9, 2015
West Virginia
Learn to efficiently transfer energy (see Four Points of Resistance sticky).

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I have a question concerning the four points of resistance, does she make a muscle (tighten up) her front leg, core and back shoulder at or around release to provide the resistance needed? I hope that question makes sense, because she sucks at front side resistance in a game, nails it in practice. Lol

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I have a question concerning the four points of resistance, does she make a muscle (tighten up) her front leg, core and back shoulder at or around release to provide the resistance needed? I hope that question makes sense, because she sucks at front side resistance in a game, nails it in practice. Lol

Here is the link from Pauly Girl Fastpitch: Four Points of Resistance | PaulyGirl FastPitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi