Pitching work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah it was also PGF. Mostly 09s, the highest were ones from Ohio Outlaws and TG National, but also several in low 60s from Bandits, Mojo, Tbolts, etc.

We had parent with their Pocket Radar who walked around a little bit because we were all amazed at the speeds we were seeing.

The '09 Ohio Outlaws.

They bumped us in the Semi-finals last summer because my DD crushed this line drive that the pitcher just got her glove on and it went to the 2B who got the out at first. Game of inches...

1696873745292.png

May 21, 2018
An 08 hitting 67 will have over 40 calls on September 1st.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if the girl I saw was the same girl @BucketDad is talking, but playing up, and I just got the year wrong.

I didn't catch her name, but this was a end of summer 16u tournament, and she was getting plenty of attention.

May 17, 2023
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if the girl I saw was the same girl @BucketDad is talking, but playing up, and I just got the year wrong.

I didn't catch her name, but this was a end of summer 16u tournament, and she was getting plenty of attention.

Yeah looks like she plays quite a bit with their older teams, so very well could have been same girl.

Most amazing part to me was at that velocity still appeared to have great spin to all four edges.

May 21, 2018
Yeah looks like she plays quite a bit with their older teams, so very well could have been same girl.

Most amazing part to me was at that velocity still appeared to have great spin to all four edges.
Since I've already done my part in hijacking this thread.......DD faced her and fouled 3 or 4 pitches straight back (which I count as a moral victory) and then struck out looking on a fastball right down the middle. After the game she says, "I was sure she wouldn't throw me another strike in that situation, but damn.....right down the middle."

May 18, 2019
One other data point for this group. I was at a camp at an elite D1 school recently with a rapsodo and pocket radar display visible. There were probably 40 pitchers at the camp. I didn't watch every one but I watched many and my best guess would be that I saw 5 kids hit 60 and only one apart from a current commit in the 62-65 range. Was a legit camp with many players I could imagine at a top 10 school. All my recent experiences suggest that the rumors of so many at 14U-16U throwing 60+ are greatly exaggerated. They exist and it's not an endangered species but I think because everyone talks about them and watches them people mistakenly believe it's more common than it is. This board also has a massive bias of people with enough insanity (takes one to know one) to spend thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars over many years to develop their kids into these outliers.

Jun 29, 2023
I'll say my daughter's coach has recently started using a Rapsodo and the speed numbers on it and the pocket radar numbers of the same pitch are not the same at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad