Pro Glide?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
The chuck it drill came out of the NFCA coaches meeting around 3 years ago down in TN. It is a good tool that I have used to teach kids how to use the wrists in the swing. Currently the dd is using it to teach her new puppy ( Great Dane) to retrive , so I might need to buy a new one.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Don Slaught showed me this drill at UofA, as a bottom hand drill. I had 3 tries to demonstrate it correctly - and it took all 3 times. I use it as an easy station, to teach releasing the wrist. Old tennis balls are practically free at the Y, racquet clubs, and resorts. Throw down a home plate, draw a batter's box in the dirt and put the box of balls near the batter. Take the Chuck It and whack one of the balls, from the box, so that it sticks. Work on your stance and try to release the ball straight ahead. We hit into the backstop. A few balls will stick in the fence or go through. The girls will think that is funny.

Then, I take the Chuck It and hit fly tennis balls to my student, which she first tries to field bare handed - then, with the glove. It may take 20-25 balls until they are able to catch a tennis ball with their glove.

I have to use a batting glove on my left hand, because I haven't come up with a comfortable handle for the Chuck It.

Mar 10, 2013
Hi, I am the owner of ProGlider Bats. Many Colleges, including several in Pac `12 have been using them, as well as using them in there camps. These bats have been used to demo at the National Fast Pitch Association, National Sports Clinic, and other camps. Kristen Butler of the Chicago Bandits uses them personlly and at her camps.

This bat corrects common flaws in younger and even older players quickly. To compare with other aids that do this is like comparing traveling across country by Jet or Car or bicycle. Some people refuse to fly, even though it is the safest and quickest way to go.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
My daughter has used them for a little over 6 months at her hitting coach. I feel there a good tool and bought myself a couple for at home when we work.

Jan 1, 2011
Alabama
I like them. They are expensive but well made. They give two kinds of feed back. Sound like a click bat and ball flight path like a chuck-it. The wiffle balls it uses won't break a window like a tennis ball from a chuck-it. Just sayin.

Jun 1, 2009
Have used it for over a year, with numerous girls. They actually love it, instant feedback. The chuck it does the same, however with the pro-glider, the sizes of it, compares to them swinging a bat. Have fixed a lot of swings with the use of it.
I did use the chuck it prior to these bats, from what I have seen, the girls can fix their swing a lot faster with the use of it.

May 7, 2012
Just got our pro glide 444 and daughter used it in the morning before her tourney, first at bat, goe up the middle for a double, second at bat left center for a single. Next game same thing. Used it for warms up for her games and she was crushing the ball out front and even the two that she hit to right were off outside pitches with her hands inside. Great tool and investment in short amount of time.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Hi, I am the owner of ProGlider Bats. Many Colleges, including several in Pac `12 have been using them, as well as using them in there camps. These bats have been used to demo at the National Fast Pitch Association, National Sports Clinic, and other camps. Kristen Butler of the Chicago Bandits uses them personlly and at her camps.

This bat corrects common flaws in younger and even older players quickly. To compare with other aids that do this is like comparing traveling across country by Jet or Car or bicycle. Some people refuse to fly, even though it is the safest and quickest way to go.

You gonna contribute to the site or just hawk your gear? Not trying to be a weiner, but just sayin...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi