Poll on the size of SB try-outs in HS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Holy cow 4 squads for your HS! That's huge...I can't imagine the talent that Varsity squad has!! WOW...I live in a small town with 4 red lights so 5A is a big deal:) not sure how we pack that many people into our community...lol

Heck when we moved into this sleepy town it only had 1 red light. 15 years later we have exploded, up to 3 red lights now.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Geez, now I have to count stop lights in my town just to see how we stack up. Its 4 but a 5th one is on the border of town. But at least half the kids are from outside of town, in the country. Which means the kids here know what a 4 way stop is and how to navigate it.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
In Michigan we have A, B, C and D classification for our sports. Except football which has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 division for state championships (they take all the schools that are eligible for the state championships and just start breaking them off by size, the biggest 32 are division 1 the next 32 are div 2...). Our school has about 670 kids and we are class B for all sports except football where we are division 4 (last couple of years we were within 5 schools from division 5).

What is 4A and 5A.... How does that work, the more As the bigger?

In Michigan we have A, B, C and D classification for our sports. Except football which has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 division for state championships (they take all the schools that are eligible for the state championships and just start breaking them off by size, the biggest 32 are division 1 the next 32 are div 2...). Our school has about 670 kids and we are class B for all sports except football where we are division 4 (last couple of years we were within 5 schools from division 5).

What is 4A and 5A.... How does that work, the more As the bigger?

Yes the more "A's" the bigger...That's how they determine our district play...I don't know all the exact details so don't get me lying.
And you are cracking me up with the red light/4 way stop situation. Ha I just think it's funny! I did tell my husband if he moved me past the 4th red light we were divorcing (Just a little to country for me) I like having civilization within a 30 mile radius....hahahaha
Needless to say weve been married 15 years-he's a good listener!:)

Apr 25, 2010
Hmmm, we don't have a single traffic light in our school district, and I believe it is one of the biggest square mileage wise in the state. And we are Div IV which is the smallest in the state.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hmmm, we don't have a single traffic light in our school district, and I believe it is one of the biggest square mileage wise in the state. And we are Div IV which is the smallest in the state.

If you ask nicely, RDBass may make you a stoplight gif to use when you feel the need for a little excitement during softball down time.

My town is 14,000, 8 traffic lights, and the HS has 800 students. Things aren't as exciting since the 5 corner intersection was replaced with a rotary/roundabout.

Apr 25, 2010
If you ask nicely, RDBass may make you a stoplight gif to use when you feel the need for a little excitement during softball down time.

My town is 14,000, 8 traffic lights, and the HS has 800 students. Things aren't as exciting since the 5 corner intersection was replaced with a rotary/roundabout.
Yay! A stoplight of my very own would be lovely! Please, rdbass??

My DD's 8th grade class has a whole 60 kids in it. So, the HS houses approximately 250 kids +/-. So, you can imagine what our softball program is like... It will be interesting next year when she plays.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC