Politics in high school softball suck!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2010
I will back up a little....it's your money, and help if you want to and don't worry about what others say, if it's a honest act. There's is nothing wrong with that if you are just doing to help the program and expect nothing in return. It's the evil parents out there who actually ARE trying to buy "favors" from coaches that cuase all the drama. I'm going to go all "Country Boy" on those folks....as I "hate" and have no respect for anyone who does that. I do have lots of respect for those people who are in a postion financially who can help the entire group, and do, and only ask for advertising for the their company in return....

Speaking of "Country Boy"....I hope he has calmed down some....he was pretty pissed at all parents a few days ago and wasn't letting up any....maybe a parent of a medicore TB freshman wrathed him out some and went all "Scanners" on us and his head exploded or something....

I'm feeling much better now... (Monty Python reference. Look it up, folks. It's funny stuff!)

Apr 11, 2012
I'm feeling much better now... (Monty Python reference. Look it up, folks. It's funny stuff!)

LOL...."Bring Out Your Dead"....I wonder if you have thought about getting a "dead" jump start on some of your TB parents? Anyway, I respect your position on the TB parents in your area and it's too bad so many have mis-behaved....you transposed your thoughts to this thread very well and didn't lose your cool or stance on the subject....which had to tough, because there are a lot of TB parents on this board....many of which could probably fit in well in your neck of the woods....but please don't hate us all and keep contributing....

Feb 14, 2013
[/QUOTE]Personally, I would have been upset if a coach pitched my DD 3 games in a row. The $5 piece of hardware is not worth the wear and tear on her arm.[/QUOTE]

This statement confuses me. My daughter has pitched complete tourneys by herself. She doesnt get to often, but she loves it when she does. Three games in a row would make her day, & since pitching is a natural motion she's not any worse off the third game than she was the first imo besides being a little more tired.

Jan 25, 2011
Personally, I would have been upset if a coach pitched my DD 3 games in a row. The $5 piece of hardware is not worth the wear and tear on her arm.[/QUOTE]

This statement confuses me. My daughter has pitched complete tourneys by herself. She doesnt get to often, but she loves it when she does. Three games in a row would make her day, & since pitching is a natural motion she's not any worse off the third game than she was the first imo besides being a little more tired.[/QUOTE]

Pitching fastpitch is not natural. I still puts stress on the shoulder, elbow and body in general. That is one of those old timer answers or someone that doesn't understand the mech. of pitching.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Pitching fastpitch is not natural. I still puts stress on the shoulder, elbow and body in general. That is one of those old timer answers or someone that doesn't understand the mech. of pitching.

Yeppers. It may be MORE of a natural action, but it isn't that natural especially with the women throwing more with the lower part of their body than the upper.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
This statement confuses me. My daughter has pitched complete tourneys by herself. She doesnt get to often, but she loves it when she does. Three games in a row would make her day, & since pitching is a natural motion she's not any worse off the third game than she was the first imo besides being a little more tired.

You better start getting unconfused before your daughter gets damaged long term. She might be OK THAT weekend she pitched every game but I guarantee if she pitches a whole tournament (which to me means 5-6 games minimum) or similar on a regular basis she wont be ok sooner or later.

You should start by reading the Pitching forum here and looking for stories about girls with extensive surgeries, ones that can't sleep on one side due to permanent pain, etc.

If my DD's coach tried to make her pitch 3 games in a row that would be the last weekend that she played for that team.

It is a total fantasy that you can't get injured from pitching fastpitch. Any repeated athletic movement is going to put strain on the body. Almost every senior pitcher in the College World Series last week had some serious pitching related surgery and many underclassman were pitching because the previous 'freshman sensation' was no longer available as a junior/senior due to injury.

Dec 7, 2011
You better start getting unconfused before your daughter gets damaged long term. She might be OK THAT weekend she pitched every game but I guarantee if she pitches a whole tournament (which to me means 5-6 games minimum) or similar on a regular basis she wont be ok sooner or later.
QUOTE]

Ya No....

Too many variables in the world of pitching mechanics and pitchers bodies to make any "guarentee". There is no guarantee she will OR will not be able to tolerate long term "sole" pitching for a TB team.

Nov 29, 2009
Sorry if I'm so slow. But what bad habits can a pitcher pick up by pitching to bad hitters?

This just goes against everything I have ever learned about pitching. Everything I have learned says you have to do it to get better. I can think of a lot of things to do to challenge a pitcher that is overmatched with the hitters, but sitting, that just seems wrong.

Not trying to be difficult. I would just like to know what I am missing.

They get lazy!!!! They don't have to work as hard to get hitters out. The pitchers who is facing tough hitters on a consistent basis will concentrate more knowing she must be "on" to get theses hitters out. If the hitters are no challenge to get out it's human nature to coast.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA