Please, looking for critique

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I will never again leave it all to one source. That's what I did to begin with and I feel horrible for doing it!
I had blinders on with her first coach (HE) she was a successful collage pitcher, so I just assumed she knew better then me. I did some research in the beginning but everything I googled taught HE or pushing the ball so I thought she was learning correct. My dd listened to what her first PC was telling her and took it as gospel, she was taught to lock her arm, behind ball, wrist snap, roll off finger tips etc.. That's exactly what she did. it's hard unlearn and break those habits once your body gets used to it (I'll ask her why she's doing something and still she will say "that's what Cat taught me" her first PC) looks like she still wants to get on top of the ball to me when in slo mo. Her leg drive was stronger before her injuries, ankles are weak, she had a broken foot (on growth plate) a fractured ankle (same leg same time) took a very long time to heal she was on crutches forever, then a boot, followed by PT. Couple months after that healed she broke the other ankle, huge set back, and before all that she had to quit mid season due to severs disease. Then 2 broken fingers on her throwing hand. In the time she was off I found dfp, I was just starting to read about I/R (didn't understand it, i undersrand a bit better every time I read it) , then we found our PC, she explained that what she teaches is different. She showed us video of pitchers arm position and explained why, she told us it was called I/R , told me to read I/R thread. Rosalie didn't want anything to do with it, so we tried a couple other PC's before we came back to current one. I had started doing BM's drills teaching myself (I tried learning HE Also but I could never get it) BM's drills worked so good and felt so much better, after a while I could pitch pretty decent. this got my dd's attention, she was starting to buy into it, it took months before she fully trusted it. Once she did she improved so much so fast! I love our current PC, for many reasons Imo she's the best in our area, she had an uphill battle trying to convert a teenager from he to I/R and my dd did not put in the practice time she needed or she still wanted to practice the wrong things (like wrist snaps for exp.)nor was she getting game time. Lessons once a week is useless if you don't practice the right things at home. She finally practicing and getting some game time (not much). She practices at the very least 3 times a week, but normally 5 or 6, this has been consistent since January. She practiced before then, but wasn't consistent with it. We need to be more effective or efficient with practice. I need to re read drive mechanics, it's a very long thread and I love that! Thank you! I get overloaded with info and want to try it all! Gotta go eat Easter dinner, then practice with dd:) Happy Easter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach