please critique DD's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Wellphyt ... check out the video I posted at BBD under the thread "Where the power is".

Just watched it. Do you understand him to be doing a forward-by-coil when he talks about bending into the front knee? I'm not a golfer, but it seems like a good way to get a forward-by-coil action given the narrow golf stance and importance of keeping the front foot and head still.

What do you think?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The movement down the front toe-line is a bit more than that ... which is why many golfers have their front foot open .... and it is why many baseball pros actually land with their front foot semi-open, despite remaining virtually closed to just prior to heel plant. Many golfers use a forward-by-coil action ... it is a movement pattern that is taught in multiple golfing camps.

May 16, 2010
The movement down the front toe-line is a bit more than that ... which is why many golfers have their front foot open .... and it is why many baseball pros actually land with their front foot semi-open, despite remaining virtually closed to just prior to heel plant. Many golfers use a forward-by-coil action ... it is a movement pattern that is taught in multiple golfing camps.

I really wish you and Tom G would stop posting golf stuff. The swings are somewhat similar and the physics are close, but they are not the same. Just make your case with the movements in a baseball/softball swing please, and leave out the golf videos. JMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell